X

Headlight tilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight tilt

So, I finally got my bike raised up (woo!) and its very awesome. By the way, I run about 6 foot (2 meters) and the previous owner was pushing 5'4". I think the bike handles much better raised, but thats just me. The only downside is that the bike's headlight tilts further down then before (the guy only lowered the back, not the front). Is there an easy way to correct this? What kind of experiences have you guys/gals had as far as raised/vs lowered goes?

You can aim the headlights. There are some dial type things behind the headlights. You can adjust left right, and down, up. The best way to do this I think is to do it on a flat surface facing a wall or garage door. That way you can see where the light is shinning. Don't forget though, to see where they are aimed when you are sitting on the bike!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I had to adjust mine when I put new bulbs in. There's a metal clip behind each bulb that keeps it in place. once you remove that you can pull out the bulbs and adjust them as you see fit.

Comment

I thought the dials adjusted them, my bad.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          I thought the dials adjusted them, my bad.
          No, you're right Lou... There are dials... see your identical posting in the mechanics section for the answer (I already covered it there).

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oh, didn't look there yet, I just used my MIND POWER!!!

And yes, when I used it, I took off my tin-Foil Helmet.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

dials? do explain.. when I replaced mine, there was a metal clip that holds each one in separately. unless Im missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                dials? do explain.. when I replaced mine, there was a metal clip that holds each one in separately. unless Im missing something.
                The clips hold the physical H4 bulb in. On the other hand, on the 98+ models, there are plastic dials (bigger than a quarter) at the back corners of the actual headlight casings (the back part to the reflector and lens assembly), which re-aim the bulb's focus point. On the pre-98's, this same feature is performed by smaller bolts with a phillipshead slot in them (usually can't be turned by hand except when brand new).

Q: Did you read your owner's manual?

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

of course I have.., i just mis understood the question and what he was asking.

Comment

Working...
                  X