X

Do you "walk" your bike at slow speeds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THAZKAT
    I prefer to have the feet on the pegs at even the slowest speed. I even find myself practicing riding at lower than ldle with my feet on the pegs.
    Yup ! I liike feeling all superior like that when I see these gobers on uber-sport bikes that can't get across a parking lot without their feet down or one wheel up . I do it with a passenger , and used to do it on the dresser I used to have . I'd kinda like to do one of those "slow races" one day just to see ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

when you see someone walking their bike its a good sign that they are a new rider, or need to work on their slow speed skills
      +1

I can ride feet up slower than I can walk.

I would love to have a trials bike just to play going slow...
      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Usually ride with feet up on pegs..even practice that as others have mentioned in the street in front of my house..but when I've been in heavy stop and go traffic I tend to do different things to pass the time. walk my bike, let me feet slide, also when stopped on a slight hill I'll do some exercises by moving my bike uphill and back down back and forth..3 sets of 10 lol
        "The time has come", the walrus said, "to speak of many things"

Comment

At MMI we had to walk the bikes, standing beside them all the time. we weren't even allowed to sit on them.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

would you still have your feet on your pegs even if you had reverse?? yikes! some BMW's have reverse huh? or was it the goldwings?
            Hello World.

Comment

always on the pegs if I'm moving forword even at the slowest speed. On the ground when the bike is stationay.

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                would you still have your feet on your pegs even if you had reverse?? yikes! some BMW's have reverse huh? or was it the goldwings?
                Im not sure about the bmw's but I know the 'wings have reverse. You almost have to w/ a bike that big..its just way to hard to back it up w/ out.

Comment

Around here, I see nearly every HD "paddle walking" the bike anytime it goes below 5 mph - even if it's to, and from, stop lights.

If I can reach out and touch pedestrians, I let my feet hover, never "paddle walk" - otherwise, they're on the pegs where they belong.

When I do put a foot down to stand/stop, it's usually just the left one so the right can stay on the brake.
                  Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Well...I guess it depends on how many beers I drank...after a 12pack I always ride with my feet dragging the ground... ...Im kidding...I never ride even after 1 beer...when going slow I always keep my feet on the pegs...Unless near gravel or slippery conditions..

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                      just use the landing gear
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

you need spotters for those things too

Comment

If the crowds are thick enough to concern me that someone will wander into my path in the last second, especially drunks (say BikeWeek while moving around the stadium parking lot in the afternoon), I have my feet out gliding over the ground, so if I have to slam the brakes, the bike won't go down.

Around town, etc., feet up.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I also use the rear brake at slow speeds. it really doas help out alot . Of cours for the backing up i have to walk it , I don't see any other way
                            Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by escahoe
                              I also use the rear brake at slow speeds. it really doas help out alot . Of cours for the backing up i have to walk it , I don't see any other way
                              for backing up give it one big push
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              Who knows what is next?

Comment

on the pegs, the best thign at the msf course was when they make you go as slow as possible, with out touching your feet on teh ground and go as long as you can. its fun i do it once in a while with my bike

Comment

Working...
                                X