Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever find out ur not alone inside ur helmet ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever find out ur not alone inside ur helmet ?

I found this on another site... It's freekin hilarious the way he described this.

I was riding down the highway on the way to some backroad twisties when I felt something tingling on my left cheek. I thought it was some stubble catching on the cheek pad in my helmet as it sometimes does, so I use my left had to wiggle the helmet around alittle. The tingling when away.

About 5 min. later it came back, but this time it felt like it was moving. So I wiggled my helmet around again and I felt little hairs on my eye lashes and saw something crawling on the corner of my eye. A MF'ing SPIDER WAS IN MY HELMET. (Now I don't mind bugs, but being upclose a peronal with one right in my eye is another thing.) I must have looked like a damn tard to the on-comming traffic cause I was freaking out on the bike and beating the front of my helmet like I was crazy. I was lucky that I was still on a straight-away cause if I was on the curves I know I would have dumped it. I managed to get to the side of the road and hop off the bike dancing around trying to get my gloves off to get my helmet off. I know I must have looked like Tim Robbins in that movie "Nothing to Lose" when he's dancing around trying to get that spider off his head cause I was doing that same dance. Anyway, I finally get my crap off and in the procces of ripping my helmet off the MF'er bit me on my left cheek right under my eye.

I don't know what kind it was but it wasn't very big, just a little smaller than a penny. I spent the next 15-20 min sitting on the side of the road looking like Rain man intensely searching my helmet for other little bastards or one of those white egg sacks. With my mind put at ease I take off and ride for about 2 more hours on the backroads thinking about how much of a tard I must have looked like.

I get home after the ride ad go to the bathroom to wash my face and hands and also to check out what kind of damage the little bugger did. Now thanks to the little bastard I have a red bump about the size of a little Advil. I don't think I'll keep my helmet in the garage anymore.
    Cant say I ever had a spider in my lid before, but I have had some dust come down in my eye's, wearing my old lid, after it had been in the garage for awhile. Mine I couldnt see for crap there, and was lucky to get off to the side of the road and rub it out.

I hate when that happens. I check for bugs every time I put my lid on. Once is enough for me.

Jay got a wasp in his helmet. Glad THAT's never happened to me!

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

I had a similar experience when I was down in Cobourg with Range. Saw something in my helmet outta the corner of my eye. Pulled over and ripped the helmet off..... didn't find anything. Maybe it was the acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
        I had a similar experience when I was down in Cobourg with Range. Saw something in my helmet outta the corner of my eye. Pulled over and ripped the helmet off..... didn't find anything. Maybe it was the acid.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

yeah the worst is when your riding and a bee fly down your shirt trust me u can stop soon enough lol
          "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

Comment

I have been lucky so far, I check though (a habit after Australia)
            Batgirl has got some good pics of a visitor she had in her helmet on the road.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by bigtwan251975
              yeah the worst is when your riding and a bee fly down your shirt trust me u can stop soon enough lol
              You stopped???? I kept going and threw it at the car that was being a arse and trying to pass me because I slowed down on the on ramp to the highway. Man did that hurt. Got off at the next exit and checked for the stinger, but didn't see one, so just kept on going swearing until the pain went away.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

lol
                "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

Comment

i had a bee fly in my helmet once, i never stopped and took my helmet faster in my life!

Comment

I am not a fan of any bug on me. They give me the creeps. But I have been pretty much smacked with all of them through the years.
                    Worst exprience came from in my cage though. It was a beautiful sunny day and I was cruising in my '81 Grand Prix XJ with the t-tops off. My buddy was with me and we were going to the beach. On the road he said he had something to tell me, but wanted me to slow down first. I just said, "huh"? He said "slow down". So I slowed down a bit. He said, "more". I did. He said, "a bit more". So I just said, "shit man...what is it?". He said, "look between your legs". I did. There was one of those yellow jacket wasps.....sitting right on my left testicle. I was wearing swimming trunks. He was doing that little dance with his ass...looking like he was getting ready to drive that stinger home. Now I know why he wanted me to slow down first. I was freaking out. I swatted it off, giving myself enough of a whack in the testies to take my breath shorty away...and it hurt like a bitch...but I am sure in another 2 seconds he would have drove it home.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

After reading about the bee experiences, I do remember getting smacked in the neck by a bee once, while riding in town..even at only about 40 mph..that thing hurt like a biatch, and then ended up stinging me in the process. Yeah that sucked sitting here in work all day with a swelled up neck!

Comment

I was doin a lot of stop and go with my buddies. Everytime we speed up I flip the visor down and every time we slow down i flip it up to talk. After about ten times of this i was tired and just left it up. bad move!
                        Ever looked in the water and seen a school of fish just swimmin around all happy? I must have run into a school of bugs. Like ten of them right in my face doin about 60. Never again!
                        Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

I too have been victim to the bee in the helmet, took it off and flug it down while still riding. Thank goodness it was just a cheap pile of junk helmet cause it cracked to pieces when it hit the ground. Didn't get stung even tho the bee was up in my ear area.
                          I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

OMG! I've had this happen!

I didn't get bit by the little sucker but running about 60 one day and I kept feeling something in my helmet making the far side of my cheek tickle. I ignored it a couple of times and then there it was crawling down my shield on the inside in front of my right eye. A little pail white spide about the size of your thumbnail.
                            AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!! I don't think I've ever come to a stop so fast and got my helmet off in my life. You could see people just rolling out laughing as they drove by and I'm doing a dance like my head was on fire and my ass was catching.

Needless to say I always take a minute to run my hand around inside my helmet and check for company now.
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I remember once last summer was really warm so I loosened the wrist opening on my jacket to let some more air in while riding. little while later felt a little sting on my arm and figured it was just a mosquito. five minutes later same thing. ended up stoping for a break at that point to took my jacket off and saw that I had two little red bumps on me arm. frickin' mosquito! was all itchy. then, when I was leaving, I put the jacket back on and got stung again! took the jacket off really quickly and shook it out - turns out it was a wasp stuck in the meshy part of my sleeve. the little bugger!

funniest I've heard though is my dad. once when he was in his early 20s he was on his bike and got stuck in traffic. wasn't moving so he decided to go between the cars. he's riding along laughing out loud at all the cars stuck in traffic when all of a sudden a june bug went right down his throat. whole. those bugs are huge!!!
                              that's what he gets for laughing at those cars
                              - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X