Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever find out ur not alone inside ur helmet ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatDan2
    i had a bee fly in my helmet once, i never stopped and took my helmet faster in my life!
    That happened to me on the way to Range's house last summer for the KP rally. I was on the Queensway in stop an go traffic when a wasp flew in. I was in the left lane and luckily the traffic stopped - so did I. Ripped off my lid and snapped one of the arms off my glasses in doing so. I forgot I had them on 'cause I usually wear contacts when I ride. Never got stung but scared the criap out of me. Got to Range's with half a pair of glasses on. No one noticed.... :^o

Comment

I had it happen twice. The first time it was after I left the helmet in the garage, so I'm assuming that it was a spider. I felt this tingling feeling on the back of my head that started progressively creeping towards my forehead. It was enought to pull right over and look for the little bastard, but I never found it. The second time it was similar but it happened really close to my neck. I figured, been there no big deal, since I was almost where I was going. When I felt it again near my nect I tried to rub it with my shoulder. BIG MISTAKE. The bastard bit me right on the side of the neck and it stung line a b!atch. Pulled right over, took off the helmet and the jacket but yet again, nothing to be found. The only thing that was visible was the huge red mark on the side of my neck.

Comment

AHHHHHRG!! That would freak me out!! I'm arachnaphobic (and spell-a-phobic) and I couldn't imagine that. Now I'm going to keep some kind of repealant for my helmet in my tank bag!

Comment

had a wasp close to invading my territory once. while at a stop... hd my lid cracked a little and in he/she came. Luckily I must have smelt bad ause it left in a hurry .. hahahaha
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Mojoe wins!
            ~Jayson

Comment

How are these bugs getting in your helmets? Through the ventalation? lol

Comment

Wow,This is why i always put my helmet back in the box it came in.
                97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

That sux when that happens but I am not affraid of spiders

The yellow jacket that flew in the slight opening of my shield that I had opened during a hot summer day through town. Buzzing in my ear, I had to jurry and pull over remembering a friends story of getting stung many times by one once.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I was riding with the shield up and a bee flew really close..
                    So I snapped the shield down and a few minutes later noticed the bee walking on the INSIDE of the shield.....

Comment

I never really had anything come into my helmet while I was riding, so I didn't have any real reply to this thread.... until today. However, it still wasn't while I was riding. The last week or so has been busy and hectic at my house as we are settling in from the move, and the garage door has been open most of the day from going in and out getting boxes, etc. Well, I started noticing some little birds that would be in the garage when I would walk in. Didn't really think too much about it. I happened to look at my helmet today and noticed those little ba$tards built a nest in my helmet!! It was sitting on a shelf with the visor open and my gloves inside. Thing is, I just rode my bike two days ago. Now it looks like I am going to have to sit down and pick all the little pieces of leaves and twigs and crap out of the foam in my helmet. This really sucks. I still have carpenter and handyman stuff to do around the house before I leave for Korea.

Well, I guess on the bright side there were no eggs, or bird crap in there.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                      X