No announcement yet.
X

Well, someone pushed my Kat over while at work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either that , or go cut their brake lines (provided you're SURE it was them) . : But you didn't hear that from me .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

lol... well, i have no idea who they were. I know they were working here onsite for a while, but with my luck, i'd cut the brake-lines of the wrong vehicle and end up sending my bosses car into a telephone pole =P.

The bike is now at the shop. They deal with my insurance company all the time and basically assure me i will be able to get a header back system with carbon fibre can as replacement for my damaged stock system. Looks like things will work out pretty well for me. Its not an ideal situation by any means, but it could be worse. That awful 2 1/2" deep scratch i had on my tank will be gone too! Be nice to look down as im riding and not see that....

Anyway, will update again when i find out how extensive the damage is in terms of $$$$.

Have a great weekend guys, and remember to keep the shiney side up!

Comment

Well, estimate for insurance is going in at $5825.74 + $390.00 labor. Granted thats Canadian currency, but it appears as though she's a write-off.

Will keep you posted.

Comment

Holly crap. What are they doing to it. Seems like they are trying to gouge the insurance company to me.!
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

That really blows

Comment

Originally posted by Kat2k3
              Well, estimate for insurance is going in at $5825.74 + $390.00 labor. Granted thats Canadian currency, but it appears as though she's a write-off.

Will keep you posted.
              thats ridiculous. Ask your insurance company how much to buy the bike back. Your bike can't be damaged that badly.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Can I buy it? I'll give you the difference between the insurance estimate and the new-cost.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well, final numbers are in.

The bike is a write off, and after my deductible, they are offering 5051.80 for my 2003 with 34,000 km.

Or i can buy it back for 1254.76, and have 3797.04 for repairs. The title wont be branded, so i think i will go that route. Afterall, the quote included 1100.00 for new exhaust when there is only a minor dent.

Ive priced it our on Ron Ayers, and i can come out ahead if i buy back and piece the plastics together myself.

So all in all, it hasnt turned out bad. She will be better than before the little tip-over when all is said and done with a little cash in the pocket to boot.

Comment

DAMN for $5000 you can still get a 2005-2006
                    Two goldfish were in their tank.
                    One turns to the other and says,
                    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Originally posted by Mark3748
                      If youre talking US currency, sure. But here all the 05/06's are running between 6500-6800, and i dont have that extra 1500/1800 bucks to toss in. Ah well, as it stands this Kat will be virtually spotless when this is all said and done.... that makes me happy =)

Comment

Originally posted by Kat2k3
                        Originally posted by Mark3748
                        If youre talking US currency, sure. But here all the 05/06's are running between 6500-6800, and i dont have that extra 1500/1800 bucks to toss in. Ah well, as it stands this Kat will be virtually spotless when this is all said and done.... that makes me happy =)
                        ahhhh, I forgot about the whole US/Canadian currency conversion

So, what kind of contractors were they? Hopefully not data/voice cabling? I just hope that these guys don't work for me...
                        Two goldfish were in their tank.
                        One turns to the other and says,
                        "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

sounds like I need to get full coverage ins. and " have my bike pushed over " LOL

Comment

Yeah, how do I arrange that?
                            98 Integra GSR
                            96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

Originally posted by bama biker
                              sounds like I need to get full coverage ins. and " have my bike pushed over " LOL
                              yeah and get an upgrade like a Gixxer or Busa

Comment

Working...
                              X