X

Well, someone pushed my Kat over while at work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, someone pushed my Kat over while at work

Well, i came out from work today and found my kat on her side. It fell right into the edge of the curb.
    I was told by a couple contractors on-site that the "wind blew it over". The wind was coming from the side of the kickstand, so it would have taken pretty much a gale-force gust to stand the bike up, and topple it over the other side.

At any rate, insurance is covering it with no rate increase. I will be speaking to an adjuster within the next day or so and get an appraisal done.

Basically the entire right side is trashed. The tank needs to be replaced, and all plastic work on the right side is cracked. The muffler is dented and scraped, handle bars bent, mirror and signal scraped, and engine case cover as well. The bike is a mess. Worst case scenario, i milk insurance for all i can and get the bike repainted, custom exhaust, etc...

Its too bad this Kat didnt land on its feet. Anyway, had to share my pain with you guys. Definitely was a bad day, but the silver lining is everything will be fixed. Hopefully its not a write-off as far as insurance is concerned.
    Attached Files

dam that sucks, but you took the time to take photos before getting it back upright?

You can tell us the truth that you really pushed it over so you can get a custom exhaust and a repaint because we all know silver is the slowest color

Comment

Damn! that really sucks bad. Im so sorry to hear that happened.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I love the bike too much to sacrifice it - even for the greater good =P.

A guy leaving the lot asked if i needed help, and as we started to move it, he suggested i take pics for insurance if i had a camera. Otherwise it wouldnt have even crossed my mind.

If i was gonna tip my own bike, i certainly wouldnt have done it in front of the security camera pointing directly at my chosen parking spot. On Monday morning, i will be seeing pictures of whomever is responsible..... i very much look forward to next week

Comment

i hope the security camera pans out for ya. it would have taken some kind of wind gust to knock the bike over on that side.

Comment

That sucks! I hope the camera did catch what happened.

Reguardless, until I seen the video I would be plotting someones painful demise, now how do I kill the wind?
            I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Time to start using the center stand. Sorry to hear of your plight. A really serious wind-gust can do that, but I would expect you'd know if your area had gusts of 40 mph or higher...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Must of been those progressive insurance gremlins, gotta watch for those little boogers, sorry to hear about your bike though, hope you see who's responsible and make them pay.

Comment

I hope you get a good look at the jackass who did that and can identify them . VEGENCE IS MINE sayeth some dude who some other dude pissed-off .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I hope you get her back on her feet real soon!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Sorry to hear your luck... I just recently got ran off the road and my whole right side was trashed also. From the damage you listed, it sounded pretty much like my list of damage minus the tank... The insurance company (progressive) called it a total loss... the right hand fairing was a little under $400, the stock pipe was $630 and I know the tank is just over $500 plus the nickel and dime of all the other stuff. The thing is, you and I know that you can get the stuff a lot cheaper from Ron Ayers or such. So I got the buy back option and bought all my parts from Ron Ayers, put on an Ivan's Jet Kit, Carbon Fiber Scorpion s/o and replaced all the damaged pieces. Saved myself a bunch of money plus a bunch more money from labor doing it all myself... its all pretty simple bolt off/bolt on... I hope however your insurance company handles it, it works out best for you.
                      2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
                      2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Time to start using the center stand. Sorry to hear of your plight. A really serious wind-gust can do that, but I would expect you'd know if your area had gusts of 40 mph or higher...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Funny thing is, yesterday was the only day in the past 2 weeks that i havent used the center stand.

From now on wherever its parked, its being propped up on that stand. The wind was strong yesterday, but after i got her back upright, i watched gusts of wind blow when it was leaning on the side-stand. Not a single hard gust even rocked the bike. Sure, there was movement, but nothing even remotely close to moving the bike to an upright position, let alone blowing it all the way over.

We'll see what the security tape shows on Monday. Insurance has said they will be going after the guy(s) if it shows any foul play, and they are identifyable.

Comment

Well, good thing is, the ins company probably won't write that off, there isn't TOO much damage. Probably between 1-2k.

If you still owe on the bike, the ins company won't directly give you any money, because it HAS to be repaired. BUT if you have the title, then you are in luck, for the most part.

Good luck!
                          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                          18v Rigid Drill
                          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
                            Well, good thing is, the ins company probably won't write that off, there isn't TOO much damage. Probably between 1-2k.

If you still owe on the bike, the ins company won't directly give you any money, because it HAS to be repaired. BUT if you have the title, then you are in luck, for the most part.

Good luck!
                            I figure its a between 2-3k dmg, once you figure painting, tank, plastics, and exhaust replacement.

I outright own the bike, so definitely no payments to be made. We'll see what happens and how they want to handle it.

Comment

Man by looking at that picture, I am not sure sliders would have helped based on that curb, but you should grab some anyway just in case you have another tip over. You never know!
                              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                              X