X

who came up with this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who came up with this?

is it me or is this one of the stupidest things you have ever seen made?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35598

yea lets make sure even less people see you coming.

The cops around here would love that. I thought the whole idea was to be seen.

Comment

thats not a bad idea, i wouldnt mind that for the race days when rock are getting kicked up and dont want my headlight getting cracked

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
        thats not a bad idea, i wouldnt mind that for the race days when rock are getting kicked up and dont want my headlight getting cracked
        Duff, if you're on a track with rocks... I wouldn't ride that track anymore.

The package would clearly state "FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY" ... they always do. That the only way the manufacturer can sell items like that legally. Then it's up to the police to sort it out.

Comment

yea and you would have twice as many cars pulling out in front of you when they cant see your day time lights on

Comment

cosmetically cool, yes !!! safe, nope !

Comment

I had that on my truck and had trouible seeing with the brights. However I can gurantee that we will start seeing these on the roads on bikes that aren't built and riden based on safety
              Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Lockhart-Phillips markets it for track-use as extra protection. It really isn't intended for street use (but then again, the human head isn't intended for riding at 70 mph without a helmet either -- how many squids do it anyway?).

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

u wont ride on a track with rocks...wuss
                  " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I remember having those on my car back in the day, but you needed them off at night to really see. I rather stick with my angel eyes headlights.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

noo junior im tlaking bout the track has little pebbles at the start line so when people are doing burnouts i dont wanna get naild with one and crack my head light. we useually go after the tubbed out pro streets back home

Comment

If you are going to do a track day I am pretty sure that you have to tape or otherwise cover any exposed glass. I've actually given thought a couple of times to making a similar cover (solid, not tinted) for people doing track days.......headlights are expensive!

Given the age/model this fits though and the fact that it is tinted. It was put out there as a style thing in the day and "track use" was purely to avoid legalities.
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I had similar covers on my geo storm back in the day. They were definately sweet looking, but I did have to use high beams all the time to get any real use out of the headlights.

Comment

no if you are drag racing you dont have to tape up any of your glass, at least thats how it is at the 2 tracks ive dragged at

Comment

Things that look cool aren't always functional or safe
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                              X