X

Odd question -Could this be a problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd question -Could this be a problem

My wife got me a new keychain for fathers day. It had a little silver dog and a bone. I put the kat keys on it and took off for a ride to the bookstore.
    The little bone was on a small chain and the bone got stuck under the metal plate that connects the bars somehow. In the course of trying to get it unstuck it broke off and the little metal bone is still under the plate somewhere (I think)
    Could this cause an issue? I am worried that it will get next to a wire and grind through the plastic or something. Am I just being paranoid or do I need to pull the bars off and try to find the keychain part.

just pull the front plastics and have a look around. only takes a few minutes but may be worth the piece of mind. heck you may even find it in the belly pan.
    carpe diem

Comment

Too funny. That happened to my St. Christopher today!
      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Dude...nothing more than the bike key....really...

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson

Comment

let us know what you found

Comment

Come on, what could be more appropriate on a motorcycle than the Patron Saint of Travelers?

He's been on my bike's key since I got it and have had zero incidents.

I'll be getting it out of the triple tree clamp and putting it back on the keyring.
              -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

There is a patron saint of motorcyclists... Columbanus of Bobbio.

As for the think stuck in your riser plate -- let me guess, you have a 98+ Kat 750, right?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yep, an '05 750 to be exact....
                  -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

According to another article I found.....

Patron Saint Of Motorcycling

The Vatican has officially endorsed an early Irish saint, Columbanus of Bobbio as the patron saint of motorcyclists. He was born on the Carlow/Wicklow border in the year 543 ad, and died at the monastery he founded in Bobbio, in what is now Northern Italy in 615 AD, after many years of traveling around Europe. His bones still lie interred in his church there.

A handsome rugged kind of chap, he left Ireland to escape the clutches of lascivious women who were irresistibly attracted to him. According to the biography of his life written by Jonas, one of the many miracles attributed to him involved the multiplication of bread and beer, as follows:

"A while after, Columban went to the monastery of Fontaines and found sixty brethren hoeing the ground and preparing the fields for the future crop. When he saw them breaking up the clods with great labor, he said, "May the Lord prepare for you a feast, my brethren." Hearing this the attendant said, "Father, believe me, we have only two loaves and a very little beer." Columban answered, "Go and bring those." The attendant went quickly and brought the two loaves and a little beer. Columban, raising his eyes to heaven, said, "Christ Jesus, only hope of the world, do Thou, who from five loaves satisfied five thousand men in the wilderness, multiply these loaves and this drink." Wonderful faith! All were satisfied and each one drank as much as he wished. The servant carried back twice as much in fragments and twice the amount of drink. And so he knew that faith is more deserving of the divine gifts than despair, which is wont to diminish even what one has."

His Feast day is the 23rd November

The second one is:
                    Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church grounds in Colebrook, New Hampshire. Our Lady of Grace, aka Our Lady of Crete and Our Lady of Centaurs was declared to be the Patron Saint of Motorcyclists by Pius XII in the 1940s. There's a yearly blessing of bikes service here.
                    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

If I do not have anything shiny or colorful on a key how can I find it when I misplace it?
                      When I get back to town I will have to pull the plastic off to see if I can find where it went.
                      (Yes it is a 98+ 750)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        As for the think stuck in your riser plate -- let me guess, you have a 98+ Kat 750, right?
                        Originally posted by mharrison
                        Yep, an '05 750 to be exact....
                        I meant Alley_Kat, the person who started this thread...

Originally posted by Alley_Kat
                        If I do not have anything shiny or colorful on a key how can I find it when I misplace it? (Yes it is a 98+ 750)
                        You keep the key on a keyring or grappling hook or other collection of keys so you can separate it at time of riding (and carry the rest in your pocket). And the wise [and I'm speaking from experience here] have duplicates at home, on the same keyring (in the pocket), and on the girlfriend's/wife's/best friend's keys -- so if you misplace both of the ones you're carrying, you can still call someone.

PS - Loosing all the keys to a bike is a royal PIA; far easier to get extras made ahead of time...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Keys in the pocket are a bad idea if you were to hit the ground ......
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            Keys in the pocket are a bad idea if you were to hit the ground ......
                            Depends on what pocket you use... and how your jacket is built. Mine usually hang from a belt loop on the pants and I know they'll rip away in short order if I go down (at least they did the last time I had a serious spill... 1984 or so )

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah Vanson has "gun pockets" in their jackets...
                              But who else make pockets built for keys? I leave them in the tank bag, or at home

Comment

Working...
                              X