Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Freezing cold ride....but sooo much fun.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing cold ride....but sooo much fun.

So I was hanging out with my Joe and we met up with these girls that I know. And one of us had the great idea to talk them into riding with us. After they agreed, we looked at the thermometer in the truck and it said 32F. We pulled the bikes out and started riding. Like not even 3 minutes and my hands are freezing. We were only out for like 10 minutes, but man. It was so much fun. Sorry, i just had to share.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

I did it a couple weeks ago too. I had a perminant smile on my face for like two hours.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

That was me Corey, not the bike.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Man, Steve, if that weather keeps up by the time I get back, I will end up sick!! I will get a bigger truck and bring some warm/hot weather with me.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You need gloves ! I've ridden at 30-35 degrees MANY times for several hours at a time , and yeah it was pretty cold , but some decent glove help ALOT ! I bought some Dickies work gloves that are fleece-lined and have rubber palms that I wear when it's too cold for my leather glove (that's below 40-ish) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

When you've waited this long to ride, freezing cold weather and numb hands cant even stop ya

We're you wearing any gloves?

Comment

Buy some of those stretchy mini-gloves (the ones that you can buy for like 2 bucks) and wear them under your regular gloves.

Makes a HUUUUUUUUGE difference during those 32-40degree rides. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                When you've waited this long to ride, freezing cold weather and numb hands cant even stop ya

We're you wearing any gloves?
                i had my icon gloves on. they have nice heavy duty palms, but the backsides of the hands are like mesh. they're def. summer gloves, but yea, i did have some on. but i didn't care...i wanted to ride, and so did the girls!!
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I have similar icon gloves, mine are the tarmac, which are great for warm weather, but yeah, dont do jack for winter. That's when i break out the gauntlet titanium ones, those things are warm.

But yeah, when you wanna ride, u wanna ride !

Comment

I use a pair of snowmobile gloves over my leather gloves which are over a pair of the two dollar stretchy gloves.. Good for a couple hours into the twenties. Leather pants wtih jeans and long underwear help a lot too.
                    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

MMmmmmmm....heated grips. I've used them a lot more than I thought I would.

Comment

Heated grips, that sounds nice. Cold weather sucks but after a while its not such a deterrant. I have to ride!
                        Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

Corey and I are planning on riding this weekend come rain or shine.

Actually, I guess I should say, come Snow or Shine.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

any ride that you dont get hurt on, is worth it
                            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I've never actually been in real "cold" weather. Heck, I've never seen snow, and I'm 33! I do notice that my bike runs much better in the "cold" weather we have here in Florida. Ya know, anything below 50 deg.

Comment

Working...
                              X