waving to other bikers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waving to other bikers.

Hi all,

Just took out my new 2000 Kat for the first time this weekend (my first bike), put a total of 350 miles on it in 2 days. this is so much fun i cant believe it. i noticed that there is some "unwritten code" that says that motorcycle riders wave to each other as they pass. i caught on to this fairly quickly and started doing it. is this a practice everywhere? or just in my area. (north east washington)?

Also, is there any other road etiquite "rules" that i should be aware of? thanks for the help.

Tony
    -tonmarchelli

i think everyone does it but i dont do it to most of the "skull head" choppers i dont have respect for people wo dont have respect for themselves. they wear a leather vest and a brain bucket. so they dont get my wave

Comment

i wave to everybody as long as i can (braking, clutching, etc). if i can't wave, i nod at least. just some sort of recognition that they are there.
      if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I wave to everybody......

Especially enjoy waving to those who don't return it.
        (I can almost hear 'em....@#$%&^* RICERS!)

Comment

In Hawaii, we throw up the "Hang Loose" symbol. I know that that fad was out like 17 years ago, but it is still alive in Hawaii.

I wave to ALL riders except the Mopeds! They are everywhere and anoying.
          Why bother doing anything if you cannot
          "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

We mostly tend to nod to each other over here, and on the continent they mostly tend to stick out their foot as an acknowledgement.
            Don't do scooters though, like others have said they are a pain!

Comment

I'll wave if your hot. Maybe I'll even give you my number.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by kahluamud
                In Hawaii, we throw up the "Hang Loose" symbol. I know that that fad was out like 17 years ago, but it is still alive in Hawaii.

I wave to ALL riders except the Mopeds! They are everywhere and anoying.
                Off the subject but that is one BADARSE SIGNATURE!!!!!!
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I put a hand out for everyone and almost always get one back. Sometimes you get these a-hole chopper and Harley riders that just look at you. But thats rare. I put a hand out for a chopper rider onetime and he shot me a bird. What a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
                    I put a hand out for everyone and almost always get one back. Sometimes you get these a-hole chopper and Harley riders that just look at you. But thats rare. I put a hand out for a chopper rider onetime and he shot me a bird. What a jerk.
                    You can get them to wave but you have to throw down the two finger wave. There are alot less jerk riders out there than you think. The ones that tick me off are the yuppie biker want to be's and Squids teens that don't understand biker eddicate, yes we have a eddicate can you believe it. Anyway, aside from the OTR truckers we are the closest group IMHO.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

I'll wave to most or nod, whatever is safe at that time. Don't really care what they ride (besides scooters). Most wave back but some don't for many reasons. Sometimes they just don't see you. It's happened to me a few times when I didn't see a fellow rider until the last second and I didn't wave or nod. So I don't get upset over someone not acknowledging me. I'm sure it's happened to others as well. Now if someone flipped me the bird instead of waving, well yeah that would p!ss me off too.

Comment

I give a wave to all bikers...its a fraternity that we are in, and you'll see bikers wave to each other as they pass, more often than not. unless they're on goldwings, in which case they only wave to other wingers...and harley's, who dont even wave to each other half the time.

Comment

I wave all the time, and when I am not riding, other Jeeps drivers do the wave too. I'm always bloody waving
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                            I give a wave to all bikers...its a fraternity that we are in, and you'll see bikers wave to each other as they pass, more often than not. unless they're on goldwings, in which case they only wave to other wingers...and harley's, who dont even wave to each other half the time.
                            The HD riders that I have seen not wave let alone even look your direction are the ones wearing penney loafers.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

I wave at everyone, but down here, the chopper bikers (the real ones, not the lawyers/doctors riding $50,000 machines) will give you a specific wave. It is an upside down o.k. sign(make an o.k. sign then turn your hand so the circle points down) This translates to @**hole. Those guys I just flip off.
                              "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                              -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                              -DMX

Comment

Working...
                              X