Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Put on the 98+ mirrors on the 97 Kat......it looks awesome..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put on the 98+ mirrors on the 97 Kat......it looks awesome..

So finally got my bike out of its hallowed hibernation and did an oil change......purged the gas tank and put in a fresh tank......replaced my stock OEM 97 mirrors with the 98+ mirrors from e-bay.....needed some tweaking but it worked fine...pictures should be on soon ....then the BEST PART.....rode about 60 miles today in the backroads of West St. Louis....the weather was nice...not too hot not to cold.....got the cobwebs outta the carbs....and she was a sweeeetttt ride.....tell ya it was better than sex........ ! thought I never would say that. LOL anyways just wanted to share.

Gota say it....

Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Gota say it....

I must agree with Lou
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

you wouldnt be the first person to say that riding is better than sex...well, until ur significant other hears you say that..then well...

Comment

yea, once he/she finds out, your in the dog house for a while

Comment

I'll bet it looks something like this:

My old '93 Kat, circa 2002.
            I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I do like the mirrors..they look a lot better than the stock ones...I'm looking into changing mine to something more modern looking..
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

If you can find a set of 91-94 1100 Kat mirrors, they are even nicer, imho. You have to find them used tho cuz they are quite expensive at a dealers.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

what mods did youy have to do?? just trim some of hte plastics??

Comment

You have to elongate the holes in the mirrors. No mods needed to the fairings.
                    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Those 98 mirrors do look nice. One of mine has some scratches on it, maybe I should get a new one.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

you'll pay out the arse at a dealer thats for sure. picksings are probably slim on ebay for these, but u never know.

Comment

Figures. I wanted to paint them to match my bike.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Those 98 mirrors do look nice. One of mine has some scratches on it, maybe I should get a new one.
                            Speaking of which Lou, I want to color match my mirrors. I would do it myself but someone has me making license plate brackets and taillight lens.

What could you do for me????
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Send me the mirrors, and I will paint them Barbie Pink.

That way you will match with Needs Barbie Pink Cowl and Lower Fairing!
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X