X

Finally!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!!

Well I finally hit 600 miles....bought the filter and oil at the dealership the other day and kept it at work (I manage a mechanic shop). Took it in last night and went through the bike from one end to the other. When I took off my belly fairing panels, I noticed there was a lot more damage than I ever noticed..the kid that put the first 300 miles on it scratched the paint down to plastic. Ah well...adds to the winter project. So I changed the oil, checked the tire pressure and wear, chain slack, checked all the exhaust and chassis bolts to make sure they were nice and tight, little cleaning here and there. I was first amazed how fresh oil smoothed out the shifting. I still pooched it out for awhile but then started to open things up on my ride home. (35 miles on Route 9....kinda boring but a lot of nice straight-aways to open it up a bit.)
    Just to get it out of my system, I had to run it up to 120 on the ride home...for the rest of the time I kept it in the "close to legal range". It's just nice to finally get this thing into the power band a little.

GOD I LOVE THIS BIKE
    Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Wow.. You're easy to please!!

Comment

I love mine too!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Friday afternoon I get mine back from its 600 mile maint.
        I plan on running it up to 9k in 6th just to see how she feels.

Comment

Wont take long to get there....
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

not flaming, but isn't there a certian rpm range the bikes are supposed to stay in at certain mile increments? I ask because In 6th gear at 5k rpm I'm only doing 70. I think I am supposed to stay below 5k rpm til 1000 miles right???
            Hold on Tight.......

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead89
              not flaming, but isn't there a certian rpm range the bikes are supposed to stay in at certain mile increments? I ask because In 6th gear at 5k rpm I'm only doing 70. I think I am supposed to stay below 5k rpm til 1000 miles right???
              +1

Comment

The manual said <6k for the first 600, then under 9k until 1000.

Comment

I guess you're just supposed to circle the block for 600 miles before taking it out and reaching highway speeds.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                    I guess you're just supposed to circle the block for 600 miles before taking it out and reaching highway speeds.

I guess so, I can be patient for 600 miles, that's prob a week away.
                    Hold on Tight.......

Comment

Are you saying the bike only has 600 miles on it? If so isn't there a valve check that needs to be done? I think that this check up is the expensive one that everyone complains about because they check the valves and the oil pan to make sure there aren't chuncks of metal in it...but I could be wrong....
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                        Are you saying the bike only has 600 miles on it? If so isn't there a valve check that needs to be done? I think that this check up is the expensive one that everyone complains about because they check the valves and the oil pan to make sure there aren't chuncks of metal in it...but I could be wrong....

The bike has 110 miles on it, the manual says to stay under 6k rpm the first 600 miles, (when the first service is done). I was just saying I can't really open it up until then, or reach hwy speeds.....
                        Hold on Tight.......

Comment

Re: Finally!!

Originally posted by cereal_killer
                          I had to run it up to 120 on the ride home...for the rest of the time I kept it in the "close to legal range".
                          Cereal, try not to kill yourself.
                          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                            After talking to several folks on here and talking to the tech at the dealership, I was told that as long as it's not making unusual noises, it's ok. The tech told me he actually does the adjustment by ear which I find kinda funny.

Mine sounds great so I did everything but that for the 600 mile service
                            Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                              At 6k in 6th gear my 750 isi around 80.
                              My neighbors might complain if I was circling the block at 80.

Comment

Working...
                              X