X

Katana 600 Project bogging down after reinstalling fairings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 600 Project bogging down after reinstalling fairings

So my '92 Kat 600 has been an ongoing rebuild project for quite a while now but I've recently been wrapping it up and starting to ride it. The carbs are fully rebuilt, slightly overjetted, and cleaned and it runs great how I've been riding it. Today I reinstalled the fairings because it has been running so well with no issues. On my ride today it died on me three separate times at stop lights and was bogging down at 7-8k rpms. The weird part is that it ran amazing yesterday when I rode it without the plastics on. I am convinced that it's an airflow problem but I'm looking for a second opinion. I'm considering trying to fabricate some form of a ram intake to help scoop some extra air past the fairings but that's just an idea sitting on the side. I'm also still using the stock airbox, not pod filters. Stock exhaust as well. Thank you to anyone who may have some input on my situation here.

You could remove the fairing and ride it to see if the issue goes away to confirm whether that is the issue.
    Sounds to me like it might have bad gas, or sucked dirt into the fuel filter.

Comment

Working...
    X