X

Motorcycle Lessons - Westchester, NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Lessons - Westchester, NY

Does anybody know of somebody that can give me a refresher on my bike? I took the MSF course about five years ago, but haven't been on one since. I just need a few hours to get the feel back. After that, I will be able to travel to a near by parking lot to train on my own.

I live in Westchester, NY. The bike is in Putnam Valley, NY, about 15 - 20 minutes from the Jefferson Valley Mall.

Please let me know if you have somebody in mind and I will contact them re: availability and fee.

Thanks - I'm desperate to get riding!
    The Armor of God - Never leave home without it!

Re: Motorcycle Lessons

Originally posted by Santiago
    I live in Westchester, NY. The bike is in Putnam Valley, NY, about 15 - 20 minutes from the Jefferson Valley Mall.
    Well first things first. You need to be ON the bike Just kidding. We have quite a few members in NY. Stick "New york" in your thread title and you might draw some more attention from somebody close by who might be willing to help. Best of luck

Comment

this is the right place to start.did you have a bike back then?

Comment

You could always take the MSF again. It could't hurt.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

this is the right place to start.did you have a bike back then?
          Nah. I had planned on getting one after I took the class, but I took it in September and thought, I'd wait until next year, and after that the situation didn't present itself until now.

Dan Dubeau - Thanks for the advice, will do.

BlackburnD - I've considered that, and I hate to sound rash, but I really can't blow a whole weekend. Especially when we won't hit the actual bikes until late afternoon of the first day.

Back when I took the class I had plenty of level areas near by to practice, but I've moved and I need to travel a little to get to a area to hone my skills.

Comment

your a smart guy.learn before you ride.maybe microsoft will come out with a bike sim....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
              your a smart guy.learn before you ride.maybe microsoft will come out with a bike sim....LOL
              there already is one. it's called tourist trophy.

Comment

i should have known

Comment

maybe microsoft will come out with a bike sim
                  I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks ago!! They can make it like the arcade games that you sit on, but make it totally realistic for training purposes. Throw 'em on the back of the truck and you can provide on-site training.

Comment

I know one of the companies that does the MSF around here has a number of different courses. Might be worth checking if somebody in your area has just a refresher course. Or call and ask if you can join a MSF class for just the riding part, let them know you already took it and are just looking to brush up on the riding part.
                    2000 Katana 750

Comment

blaircsf - I looked into the other classes, but they're booked. I found a couple of leads online, so I'm exploring those. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X