Upgraded to a Busa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skotty
    Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
    Very nice. How much did you get the Busa for?
    Got it for 7300, with Vortex stands. It had 10K miles, and the owner had babied it.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
      Originally posted by rwcreigh
      Originally posted by katana bob
      Originally posted by Specter
      Now, time to chrome out and extend the swingarm!
      yuk. I HATE when people do that! why take a bike meant for go and turn it into show. plus it looks stupid to me.
      +10000000
      I agree but a 300 tire on the back and NOS is perfectly a good upgrade...
      Just add NAWS stickers, no one will know any better anyway.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
        Originally posted by Sasquatch
        All I can say is an 07 busa is lighter then an 06 600 Kat...and its a hell of a lot faster (not for NEW riders!!!) I will be purchasing the Busa soon ( a Dealership here has 3 07's at a KILLER price, new of course).
        Actually the dry weight of the busa is about 20lbs heavier than the kat.

And it's probably heavier wet, because it holds more gas, and is liquid cooled.

Maybe it just feels lighter because of the way the weight is distributed....?
        Weight distribution is really the key. My Ninja ZX weighs about the same as my Kat, but feels Hella lighter and responds quick to steering inputs. There's roughly 20 years of technology difference between the two.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Great looking bike. I upgraded to a VTR1000 Superhawk. I gave the Kat to my wife so its still in the garage though. I REALLY like v-twins now. I can see an RC51 or a Duc in my future. Well back to the Superhawk forum, gotta holla at Trinc about something.
          My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

Santosh-
            I didn't get to congradulate you on the DFWSBR site yet, so here it is now. Wow, I can't imagine how proud you are of it! It looks very nice, and you got it for a song to boot. If ya ever make it back to town for another TNDR or SMR, I'd like to see it. Congrats., and wishing ya the best of luck with the new job and the move. We will all be thinking about cha down in Big D.

...........whenever you get settled down and unpacked, do think you will need that special valve adjustment tool you bought for the Kats...does same work for the Mighty Busa? Don't be a stranger, and stay in touch!

TexasSportBiker
            It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
              Santosh-
              I didn't get to congradulate you on the DFWSBR site yet, so here it is now. Wow, I can't imagine how proud you are of it! It looks very nice, and you got it for a song to boot. If ya ever make it back to town for another TNDR or SMR, I'd like to see it. Congrats., and wishing ya the best of luck with the new job and the move. We will all be thinking about cha down in Big D.

...........whenever you get settled down and unpacked, do think you will need that special valve adjustment tool you bought for the Kats...does same work for the Mighty Busa? Don't be a stranger, and stay in touch!

TexasSportBiker
              Thanks Tim, I had actually set it aside for you when I decided to sell the katana. I'll bring it to one of the SMRs.
              2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention, I also have a temperature sensor I had bought a while ago, but never got around to installing. If you want it, its yours.
                2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Working...
                X