X

What is the most meat...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most meat...

Alright. I figured I had better start a new thread since it looks like I will be buying some new meat for the back of the Kat. Recommendations on a flat tire repaired with a patch/plug method include "not exceeding 80 mph on the repaired tire". Yeah......right! That's not gonna happen. So now the question I have is what is the biggest tire that will fit on the back of the 06 Kat? The Kat comes with the 150/70. What y'all got?
    Peace!
    Push the limits, but always factor in the unknown....
    96 ATK 250
    2000 Road King Classic
    92 Suzuki Intruder 800
    06 Suzuki Katana 600

Re: What is the most meat...

Originally posted by Dualsport
    So now the question I have is what is the biggest tire that will fit on the back of the 06 Kat?
    Are you kidding me?

Havn't had one of these in a while

Comment

You're kidding me right?

Flame me if you want but to have two discussions about this in the last 10 days, will someone really argue we should have a third??

Comment

Avon makes a 300 . I think it'll fit ...... Werd
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Gee the sun sets early there in KY..

Comment

160 is the largest recommended for the stock rims. Have heard of someone squeezing a 180 on, but the handling went in the toilet.
            It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Damn it, I hate agreeing with Black Peter. Damn you Dualsport, damn you.
              Check out Motojour.com.

Red is the fastest color!

Comment

160 yo
                I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the help!

Man! Thanks for all the help guys! Why didn't I think about taking an hour to search/trudge through hundreds of posts to find the answer to a question that would have taken you morons less time to answer than it took you to slam me for asking on a forum that is titled "Katana Talk"!

Real thanks to those who gave me constructive answers. You know who you are. Sounds like the wise thing is to:
                  1) stay with the stock 150/70
                  2) switch to the Metzler Z6
                  3) Fight the urge to track down the smartazzes on the site and bitchslap the hell out of um.
                  Later!
                  Dualsport
                  Push the limits, but always factor in the unknown....
                  96 ATK 250
                  2000 Road King Classic
                  92 Suzuki Intruder 800
                  06 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Re: Wow! Thanks for all the help!

3) Fight the urge to track down the smartazzes on the site and bitchslap the hell out of um.
                    Later!
                    Dualsport
                    Be my guest.. It just took me 55 seconds to find 3 replies to that question.
                    You do realize we don't get paid here right? Or is it that your time is more valuable than mine?

Comment

well you must have done a little searching..no one mentions a Z6 in the above posts...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Later!
                        Dualsport
                        Good luck. Thats going to take you WAY longer than just searching for "widest tire you can jam on a katana"

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          Avons kick arse! AV55/56s on my Ninja and soon to go on my kat when I wear these stock dumblocks out. -Aboslutely the best road tire I've ever ridden on...and laid in bed with and cuddled with.
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

What the hell did I do?

=USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Hmm..I am a moderator on a very large and popular forum, and I always find it slightly inconsiderate when somebody has to start up yet another thread about a common question that easily could have been found with either the search feature or just by reading some threads. The added joy of reading threads is the countless amount of knowledge you will pick up while searching. It's a lot more enjoyable than started a thread to get yourself flamed...or even worse, coming back and trying to flame those who flamed you.

Just my two cents...
                              Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

Working...
                              X