katana 600 vs gsxr 600 vs R6??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 600 vs gsxr 600 vs R6??

katana 600 vs gsxr 600 vs R6??
    Which one would be a good bike for a person riding adventure touring bikes for 5 years? What do you guys think?
    BTW, Katana was my 1st street bike back in the 90s and I really loved that machine so just asking if this is still the beast it used to be once?

Kat cruise but can be pushed along pretty acceptably losses lots of HP to the others though GSXR and R6 really sports orientated especially the R6 I have a friend with and R6 they refuse to ride it in town So depends on what your after
    “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
    ― Douglas Adams

Comment

GSXR and R6 can be very uncomfortable on longer rides. All of your weight is on your wrists and shoulders. With the Kat, you sit upright quite a bit more and have more weight on the seat which is thicker, softer and more comfortable. It really gets down to what type of riding you will be doing and for how long at a time. If you are only riding for 30 minutes at a time, pretty much any bike can be comfortable but if you are going to be riding until the tank is empty you really want a bike that has comfort in mind.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Lachie View Post
        Kat cruise but can be pushed along pretty acceptably losses lots of HP to the others though GSXR and R6 really sports orientated especially the R6 I have a friend with and R6 they refuse to ride it in town So depends on what your after
        Actually I am looking for a machine that can clock hundreds of miles in a single go, so I guess I have to go for the Kat due to its upright riding posture but really don't know how it reacts on long routes, Is the engine heat acceptable? How is power? throttle response? I have been riding GS 1200 for last 2 years and until now that's the most complete adventure touring machine I put my legs around.
        And luggage is essential when it comes to touring so what about the luggage for kat? do we have specified mades? Em sorry if I am asking too many questions, just want to clear some things up before spending my bucks.

Comment

I am looking for a tank for katana 2020 and so far I could not find anything cheaper than this one.

but I think it is not the waterproof one as the zippers are in open with no evident cover.
          I checked the Youtube review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mONTwWwEncM and I really like the product but I am looking for a waterproof product.
          Please suggest me some tank bags. Please do share the live URLs.

Comment

Working...
          X