X

Mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage

Hi, I have a 1996 750 Katana. I had been having trouble with poor mileage and have had the carbs re-tuned by a shop. The bike runs much much better, but I would like to verify that I am getting good mileage. I get about 200 km (124 miles) per tank, driving on country highways. I do drive over the speed limit, probably averaging 100 km/h or so. Does this seem about right?

I get around 200k till reserve and look to fill up with @ 10-12 lt depending on riding style 89 (short stroke) roughly 13-13.5k/l town and 15-17 k/l country (sometimes spirited cruising) anywhere around 40 to 50 mpg is somewhere around the mark. one recent country fast cruise ride hit 177k and filled up with 10 lt's even
    “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
    ― Douglas Adams

Comment

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'm in the correct range. I do have my moments when the speedo needle is quite a bit past 100. I try my best to keep the rpms down, but sometimes it's not easy.

Comment

I've check my mileage serveral times over the years. The least I've seen is 49mpg, the best has been 54mpg. So I think depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
        2006 750

Comment

“Miles per tank” is a pretty inaccurate guess. Get an accurate mpg number, fill up your tank to the top. This requires a little tapping towards the end to burp out air.Reset odometer.
          After most of the fuel is used up, fill it up again to the top , divide the number on the odometer with gallons of fuel purchased.

Comment

Working...
          X