X

Comparing bikes ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing bikes ....

I have a 2001 Katana 750 which I really like , I ride it every day to work about 75 miles a day , in the past 18 months I have doen 15k Miles .
    its been 100% reliable , fun and I have no complaints .
    BUT ........... I just cant stop looking at new bikes !!!!
    I think I really want a CBR600f or maybe a Fireblade , but if you read the specs on most 600 sport bikes the Katana has the same or better 0-60 and more torque

has anybody ridden lots of different bike , including a katana 750 ??? hows does it compare ? My riding in 80% commuting on back country roads , never fatser that 100mph
    like to push it sometimes out of corners , overtaking vans , trucks ect . I have nerer had my knee down or anything , I like to just get corners technically correct sometimes if you know what I mean .......

should I spend un neccissary money ? should I just get a bike because I want to ? I do really like my bike !! I dont have a garage or shed so bike is out all year .....
    help .......... help .......

I have a ‘91 kat 1100. Your bike is comparable to it as far as tech goes ( non water cooled , carbed, same suspension design, etc). basic late ‘80’s tech.
    I got a ‘11 Concours 14. Here’s what I noticed:

1) perfect carbueration. Fuel injection is awesome, it’s perfect , always . Despite having more hp and weighing more with a big fairing , it gets 10mpg more on highway. I’m sure that the bikes you listed will be comparable in throttle response and tune.

2) handling- better suspension design , stuff like upside down forks, etc, give the most delicious combination - better handling and better ride.

3) better brakes- think your brakes stop well? Try getting a bike with abs ! I love how you can stomp on the rear brake and rather than skid, it slows you down. I even have traction control!

You did bring up 600cc bikes- that class is packed with tech and replacing your kat 750 would be like going from space shuttle to the starship enterprise.

Comment

Working...
    X