Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

05 600 or 02 750 same rie same miles which is better deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 600 or 02 750 same rie same miles which is better deal?

I have found a 02 750 with 2400 miles and a 05 600 Kat with close to the same miles. Both are the same price or within a couple hundred bucks. Which is the better choice? Does the 750 have that much more power or top end? Is it better to go newer and smaller, is there any big improvments from 02 to 05?

In need of Kat expert help.

Thanks

I'd probably go with the 600, because it's newer. Just my HO.

"Fell in love with a woman unkind, smoked my stuff and drank all my wine..."

Comment

Oof, touch choice. If that 750 is in great shape, I would grab it!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Im partial to the 05, as thats the bike I have.. Go w/ yer gut on this one. Both nice rides.. !

Comment

You'll definitely find more parts available on ebay for the 600. There are some parts specific to the 600, mostly engine related.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't know what it cleared up but I am still looking for my first KAT. Has anone every rode a 600 and a 750? was there a big difference? I am definetley buy a Kat this month next month.

Comment

Get both

Comment

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Something to consider with both bikes having such low mileage and so close in price.

The 750 (although my choice) is an 02. So a lot of stuff should have been replaced on it that may not have due to the low mileage. Tires and brake lines come top mind as the most costly things. Find out how old they are and factor that in.
                  Kyle

Comment

I'd rather see a newer bike that's been ridden regularly than an older bike that has few miles. On motorcycles in particular, not riding them is often more damaging than riding them (it's good for the oil to come up to full operating temp regularly, etc).

My advice is to go see both, test ride both and then make the call. Those kind of distances on the 750 make me suspect that it was bought, ridden a little, wrecked lightly, rebuilt by the insurance company, and then parked off because the owner because of fears arising from the wreck.

Be sure to take along my motorcycle pre-purchase inspection checklist to go over the bikes closely, so you don't end up with a lemon.

PS - Woobies advice about the rubber parts on the 750 are spot-on. There will quite a few rubber items that will need to be replaced (if they haven't recently), including the tires, brake lines, fuel lines, vacuum lines, and most likely (given the mileage) some carb o-rings. I'd suspect the battery as well (and double check the tank for rust!).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

[quote="The CyberPoet"]I'd rather see a newer bike that's been ridden regularly than an older bike that has few miles. On motorcycles in particular, not riding them is often more damaging than riding them (it's good for the oil to come up to full operating temp regularly, etc).

My advice is to go see both, test ride both and then make the call. Those kind of distances on the 750 make me suspect that it was bought, ridden a little, wrecked lightly, rebuilt by the insurance company, and then parked off because the owner because of fears arising from the wreck.

Be sure to take along my motorcycle pre-purchase inspection checklist to go over the bikes closely, so you don't end up with a lemon.

PS - Woobies advice about the rubber parts on the 750 are spot-on. There will quite a few rubber items that will need to be replaced (if they haven't recently), including the tires, brake lines, fuel lines, vacuum lines, and most likely (given the mileage) some carb o-rings. I'd suspect the battery as well (and double check the tank for rust!).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet[/quot
                      +1 all good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X