X

Rock Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Star

Well I took my son to school today on the Kat.
    He felt like a rock star. He is in second grade and
    really digs riding on the back. Today was the longest ride.
    I warned him right before taking a hard right and as he tightened
    his grip on my waist he let out a "whooo hooo"
    It was pretty cool..

I promised my 2 kids that I'd pick them up from their mom's house when it gets warmer, on the Kat and take them to school 1 day a week each on the bike ! They're so excited its unreal !

It's always great to share our passion w/ them..and hey, if riding a bike to school helps em get excited...then why not !

Comment

I'll be doing the same soon. The kids have a jacket and gloves, next bike show I'll be grabbing a helmet for them and some pants if I can find them.

I wonder if I'll get dirty looks from the the parents lugging thier kids to school in minivans.
      Kyle

Comment

Well the little dude made quite a splash walking into class in his helmet
        (his class room is right near the parking lot)

So I'm sure every parent will know tonight that he arrived on two wheels!
        "Why arn't you cool like Carlo's dad??!!"

8)

Comment

Oh dont worry woobie..u'll get all kinds of, Gasp!! why in the world would you take a child on a motorcycle, they're so dangerous.. blah blah blah. Yeah, Im sure he'll get some kinda comment the next day from a kid who said. My mom thinks ur dad is crazy !

Comment

UPDATE
            Just got a phone call from my wife.
            She was going to the school at the same time to read to his class this morning.
            quote:
            "I'm so proud of you"
            me: why?
            "Because you can take our son on your motorcycle"
            me: ???
            "Just that you can do that. Not be freaked out. It's so cool"
            me: Aww shucks

Comment

My oldest boy (8 yrs old)is afraid to ride. His younger brother (7yr old)on the other hand wants to ride every time I go out.

Comment

You guys are VERY cool dads, your children are lucky
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

thats very cool peter! i'll be doing that with my daughters when they get old enough. i take them on it now but its just around the parking lot or something. oldest is only 4 years old.
                  -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Way cool Dads !!

I'd get my kid on 2 wheels ASAP. Both passenger on mine and a machine of their own.

Sure they're dangerous, but so is life itself. Many of us won't live long enough to die of natural causes, but that's no reason not to enjoy the journey.
                    Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

I wanted to get my son a pocket bike for christmas.. my wife was like "WHAT!!!"
                      Now they are raffleing one off at the grocery store and shes like "Oh that would be just Carlo's size!!!" :

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                        Sure they're dangerous, but so is life itself. Many of us won't live long enough to die of natural causes, but that's no reason not to enjoy the journey.
                        You couldn't have put it any better.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

That's cool

Most I get to do is give the kids on the side of the road a thumbs-up as I go by.

Matt, well put
                          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                            Well the little dude made quite a splash walking into class in his helmet
                            (his class room is right near the parking lot)

So I'm sure every parent will know tonight that he arrived on two wheels!
                            "Why arn't you cool like Carlo's dad??!!"

8)
                            Right on, that is the way my Cody feels when he gets to take his lid to class.
                            2000 Kat 600
                            "Fast Blue"
                            Pic in Profile

Comment

Wish my dad had a bike when I was a kid. You guys are pretty cool. I can picture the other kids talking to them about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X