X

bought motorycycle insurance today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought motorycycle insurance today.

well today i bought motorcycle insurance from progressive. it was actually suprisingly low. i only paid 258 dollars for 12 months of liability, 500 dollar deductable, and 2500 dollar medical insurance. does everybody else get good rates like this on their insurance, i hear of people paying upwards of 1500 for their insurance, is there that big of a difference from state to state? seems pretty weird.

Oh well, i got a great deal and tomorrow i can go get my motorcycle and start riding. (legally)

Tony
    -tonmarchelli

I am with Prograssive.
    39 years old
    No tickets
    $320 per year for all four bikes. Full coverage on the Futura and liability and comp on the other three.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I am with Progressive, 33 year old male, 117.00 per year, liability with theft and uninsured motorist.
      2000 Kat 600
      "Fast Blue"
      Pic in Profile

Comment

21. just starting out. $1447 a year/CDN for everything, with deductibles of 500 for all. thought for the first year i'd go with it incase i drop it and it's real damn expensive but likely won't ever use it unless i wreck huge. which i don't plan on but if i do at least it's covered.

Comment

I dislike you all greatly right now!!
          as is I'm paying 2300$ a yr for my bike...and it's not e'en in my name!!! in my name they wanted something upward of 4K per yr.
          - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

I was paying $350 a year total for liability on 3 rides: a Yamaha Warrior ATV, 89 Ninja 600R and my 1993 Katana. Oh and I am 23 living in NJ. For some reason our car insurance is out of control, but the bike insurance is cheap. I think if I got full coverage on my 1994 VFR it would cost me about $825 a year.

This the the main insurance company in NJ and their rates are right on the page if you are interested.
            Rider insurance offers motorcycle insurance for your bike, ATV, scooter. Get a motorcycle insurance quote in New Jersey or Pennsylvania today!

Comment

Please give your ages, locations, how much, what company and what kind of coverage.

I'm 36, CA, 430/yr., AAA, liability. I'd love to hear from anyone else in CA to see what they spend and who with.

Be careful out there!
              Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

36 Male, married, no tickets, VA. Full coverage = $400/yr. Progressive

Comment

29 no tickets Progressive Liability only, layaway plan (6 mo off 6 mo on...I live where its winter for 7 mo anyways).....i pay 128$.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
                    I dislike you all greatly right now!!
                    as is I'm paying 2300$ a yr for my bike...and it's not e'en in my name!!! in my name they wanted something upward of 4K per yr.

Maybe it is because they know you have that addiction to Chocolate....
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

40, single, no kids, more tickets than I dare to count....$670 for my car, 2 bikes and my renters insurance. Liability, fire, theft and vadalism only on my vehicles.

Originally posted by furitive_revolution
                      21. just starting out. $1447 a year/CDN for everything, with deductibles of 500 for all. thought for the first year i'd go with it incase i drop it and it's real damn expensive but likely won't ever use it unless i wreck huge. which i don't plan on but if i do at least it's covered.
                      Call them back and ask what they charge for $1000 deductible. I always take that for a deductible because I would never claim anything under a grand in damages anyway. plus I do my own repairs, so if damages was estimated at say $2000 from a repair shop, it means I can fix it for about $500. Plus even if you can't do it yourself, you can find parts for the repair shop off of ebay and save some coins there as well.
                      It is a fact that in the long run it is cheaper to take a $1000 deductible over $500. If you go 2 or 3 years without making a claim, you have already saved just by what you save in premuims.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

22, full coverage, 500 deductible, = 160.00 a month. Got to love liter bikes. Im in Illinois

By the way, Slim, Im second on my plan under my dad. They wanted a lot more if it was in my name. somthing like 3 times more.
                        Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                        6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                        5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

i looked at the $1000 deductible. it was about $50 cheaper over the year. i'm likely just keep this for the first year since when i'm done school i don't know what kind of money i'm gonna have if i drop it bad. then after that i'll move the deductible up.

Comment

Working...
                          X