X

Most common rider mistakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most common rider mistakes

What are the most common mistakes that you see other riders make, while out on the road? Or which have you made yourself, and just cant seem to really correct 100% of the time becuz of bad old habits?

I think turn signals are just one of the big ones..riders not using them at all, or turning them off too soon.

Falling over.
    I hear about alot of people that do it.

Comment

Improper lane position is one I see alot.
      Kyle

Comment

riding in the blind spot of cages....

Comment

leaving turn signals on
          Hello World.

Comment

Not watching far enough ahead to be ready for what is going to happen.

Comment

Getting a liter bike as your first bike ever.

Oh, and Making Sweet Lou Mad, that is a real BIG mistake!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by woobie

i know you're not trying to single anybody out, but i generally ride wehre i feel comfortable in the lane. i don't really care what the books say. i think its a matter of preferance. just my $.02.
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

relying on the rear brake
                  I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by lopeha555
                    Not watching far enough ahead to be ready for what is going to happen.
                    +1 on that. I think the biggest mistake is not understanding that cages can't see you. Watching other vehicles is the number on thing while riding.

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
                      i know you're not trying to single anybody out, but i generally ride wehre i feel comfortable in the lane. i don't really care what the books say. i think its a matter of preferance. just my $.02.

I should have added more to that and added "in moderate to heavy traffic".
                      Kyle

Comment

I agree to a point. You should ride in the lane where you are comfortable, but you should also realize that certain parts of the lane will not be as visible to the drivers around you.

Comment

I think object fixation is a major issue. Once you latch your eyes onto something, you tend to ride into it. Then there's rear-wheel panic braking or failure to trust your bike's tires or handling ability. How many noobs have ridden straight off the edge of a corner that they could have easily made with a bit more lean/confidence. Not enough practice on technique and knowing what the bike will do, I guess...
                          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

It is a matter of preference, becuz you always wanna be comfortable in where ur riding, as far as distance between vehicles, possible escape routes, etc.

Just always make sure you are visible to as many people as possible, thats the key.

Comment

Initially...I would say driving a bike like its a car. You dont turn the wheel left at 60mph to go left, lol. I know this sounds very simple to all of us but apparently its not that simple. My roommate just let his buddy ride his bike back from El Magueys and going around a turn he tried to turn the wheel that way and it was all over.
                              Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X