Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What noises does your bike make that drive you nuts???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What noises does your bike make that drive you nuts???

my windscreen vibrates and i try tightening it up but nada so im always reaching over to it and twisting it and moving it until it stops. yes i can hear it over exhaust.

Another is when ever i hit bumps in the road or go up drive ways, anything with a short bump , my bike sounds like a cheap power wheels. I know it comes from the dampers or at least has to.All my plastic is secure and i've not heard any sound from other bikes, kat excluded.

All i want is a normal solid silence, like when new cars hit bumps. I know im a fanatic when it comes to noises. I've had my chevelle 8years and took me 1yr to get EVERY SINGLE noise , vibration , rattle ,creak. Even when stereo and bass was loud i was outside of it tracking down noises. If im in someones else's car i dont give a damn. sucks sometimes

The worst is when i hear engine noise. I have a noise that dealer's mechanic says is NOT anything in the engine but he doestn know what it is. Its a loud hollow vibration when idle comes down. Starts at 3700rpm and stops at 2600rpm. For the first 15min or so while im driving it doesnt do it. After bike is completely warm it does it. It is loud and annoys me. When mechanic took into the workshop that was about 200ft from me and was revving it up and down trying to hear it more. I COULD HEAR IT from where i was. I tightened up all the bolts i can reach back around 800miles , but i dont remember when this noise started. I may have to do again while engine is hot , but im lazy I'll wait for my jet kit to come in
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

The only noise my bike makes that I can hear other thant he exhuast, is the engine whine. It is like a high pitched tone that escalates with the rise of rpms, and that sound I really like!
    2000 Kat 600
    "Fast Blue"
    Pic in Profile

Comment

Oh this is an easy one for me!

That damn little bolt that holds the clutch lever on. Highway vibration just make that little thing make a ringing sound like a phone in the distance that just won't shut up. If I don't pack it with grease regularly and especially after getting caught in the rain it will drive me out of my mind to the point that I will ride around with my thumb on it to keep it from making noise.

There is also this darn female voice yelling at me to slow down that I just can't seem to cure. Took it to a mechanic and he offered to play with it but said it would most likely take an attorney to get rid of
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I'm not sure what part to call it, but its the black plactic piece that goes up and around the gauges. Right where it goes under the fairing in front and to the right of the tank, it vibrates when idling. It's so annoying, I will reach up and push down on it to keep from hearing it. I've got to figure out a way to fix it.

Comment

keychain vibrating on the triple tree..man that used to drive me freekin crazy! I only keep my bike key on my keychain now, so that solved that issue..and I just keep my other keys under my seat.

Comment

mines the buzzing that occurs several times throughout the powerband (I guess it's normal for kats). Everytime I hit one of those zones, the buzzing it causes drives me crazy!

Comment

I had chainslap for a while and didn't know what it was... but it's fixed now . And +1 on the keychain thing

Comment

The most annoying sound is no sound. If something has happened to your kat that keeps you from riding it, that is unbearable.
                "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                -DMX

Comment

Silence! I'm doing a rebuild so the Kat just sits there & whimpers. I keep saying soon, soon to comfort it.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                    keychain vibrating on the triple tree..man that used to drive me freekin crazy! I only keep my bike key on my keychain now, so that solved that issue..and I just keep my other keys under my seat.
                    +1
                    Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

Only the sound of silence.
                      I am tired of winter, cold sucks, snow is a side effect of the aforementioned cold.

Comment

Originally posted by thurockk
                        The most annoying sound is no sound. If something has happened to your kat that keeps you from riding it, that is unbearable.
                        Yep, definitely.
                        ~Jayson

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                          Oh this is an easy one for me!

That damn little bolt that holds the clutch lever on. Highway vibration just make that little thing make a ringing sound like a phone in the distance that just won't shut up. If I don't pack it with grease regularly and especially after getting caught in the rain it will drive me out of my mind to the point that I will ride around with my thumb on it to keep it from making noise.
                          I used to have the same problem, then I got one of these!

Comment

Nothing on my bike. Corey's bike is a different story. It has a real loud mouth owner, and that thing never shuts up.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

My windscreen vibrating drives me nuts, Also my license plate vibrating against the bracket. Anybody know of a cure for the windscreen. I tried using double sided tape between it and the fairing. Work for a little while but it came back.

Comment

Working...
                              X