Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What noises does your bike make that drive you nuts???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kat-750
    The timing chain. It sounds like something is tapping in the engine.
    Sounds just like a singer sewwing machine... just a tapping is usually the valves.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

is that what that noise is...hmmmm i hear too many noises
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Oh, I have one that disturbed me deeply at first... The sound of a swarm of locusts coming out of the front brake pads, kind of a hissing-sizzling sound. Started right after I did a full brake rebuild, including installing SS lines, speedbleeders, replacement caliper seals and HH-rated pads. Rebuilt them again, and added a backing to the pads to dampen the vibrations, but they still make it. That was just before the rally last year; they still make the noise... Now it's come to be reassuring sound that the pads are biting well... although somewhere in the back of my mind there's the slightest suspicion that perhaps it's the strain from the pads biting on rotors being transfered to the wheelbearings that I hear.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The little flap covering the gas tank key hole rattles.. I thought my calipers were falling off!!

Comment

This isn't on the Kat but I have a friend that has a dry clutch on his Duc, man, talk about a crazy noise.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I did have a piece of my fairing around my electric windscreen that was vibrating from a missing screw that I could not replace because the threaded tab was broken off. One day about 3 years ago it was driving me nuts, so I stopped and bought a pack of juicy fruit gum and stuck a chewed up piece into the "what was left" of the tab. It must still be there because it hasn't started rattling again.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Anything that can be fixed with duct tape or chewing gum is worth fixing.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  I prefer duct-tape and JB Kwik . Wire ties are good , too .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    I prefer duct-tape and JB Kwik . Wire ties are good , too .
                    Don't forget the good ole fashion metal coat hanger
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

bubblelicious works great for those types of repairs

Comment

Or Bubbletape, then you can measuer your length needed.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                          my friends bike actually TRIPPED him the other day when he walked past it. It was up on center stand and suddenly the kickstand swung out and he fell on his face....weirdest thing ever.

Freaking Hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                            Originally posted by Badkitty
                            my friends bike actually TRIPPED him the other day when he walked past it. It was up on center stand and suddenly the kickstand swung out and he fell on his face....weirdest thing ever.

Freaking Hilarious!
                            its pi$$ed off cuz he wasnt riding, so it wanted to get back at him

Comment

it's the sound it doesn't make during winter that drives me crazy soon the time will come the beast will wake for spring
                              it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                              Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

My right handle bar makes a creaking noise when I lean on it. Does it just need to be tightned?
                                2005 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

Comment

Working...
                                X