• Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting post...thanks for sharing!
    You got it.
    Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

yes, very interesting. The only bikes I don't recognize on the street are those little pocket rockets. *shudder*.

Comment

lol, when I ride, I will be riding to get away from the wife. They are on the right track on that one lol. ^_^

Comment

Interesting. I really wonder about the tattoo and peircing thing though. Seems like a lot of Sports Riders I know have them. Specially when it comes to peircings.

Anyone want to see my Jacobs Ladder???
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I waved to a guy on a Bergman once. Scared the crap outta him. Took three days off in the last two months just to ride and it rained each time. And I am sooooooo guilty of daydreaming
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              Interesting. I really wonder about the tattoo and peircing thing though. Seems like a lot of Sports Riders I know have them. Specially when it comes to peircings.

Anyone want to see my Jacobs Ladder???
              uh, NO !!

Ive got tattoo's.. tattoo's are cool no matter what you ride..but since we sport bike riders wear our gear when riding, everybody else doesnt normally get to see them.

Comment

I have tattoos and piercings... ride wtih the wife... am daydreaming at work now... do not own any suzuki brand gear/clothes...

Anyone who thinks sport riders don't accessorize for looks has not met Beek or Spedee....
                I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Wait a minute here , I have no tats or piercings , I have hippie hair , AND i have a Grizzly Adams beard thing goin on . My bike is a mish-mash of all kinds of different parts and colors , and my riding gear is all in black and gray .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    Wait a minute here , I have no tats or piercings , I have hippie hair , AND i have a Grizzly Adams beard thing goin on . My bike is a mish-mash of all kinds of different parts and colors , and my riding gear is all in black and gray .
                    You sound like you belong on a beach in Cali. Maybe Bearkat will adopt you.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      Originally posted by md86
                      You sound like you belong on a beach in Cali. Maybe Bearkat will adopt you.
                      Sounds good , where do I sign up ? :P
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The latest edition of NCom Newbits (formerly Coast-to-Coast MC News) also covered the survey, and had a Katana-specific quote in it:

TATTOOS CAN SAVE YOU MONEY ON BIKE INSURANCE
                        (section of the article):
                        According to the company [Progressive], a married 25-year old male Mayfield, Ohio resident riding a 2004 model 1450 cc Harley Davidson FX Springer Softail would pay $1,487 in yearly premiums for full coverage insurance, compared with $2,799 for a 2004 model 750 cc Suzuki Katana 750.

Click for the full March isssue of NCOM NEWSBITS

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

WOW, good find Cyber, so in about 5 years the HD would be cheaper, LOL. Even with the every 500 mile service on the springer frontend. That Sux LOL
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                            WOW, good find Cyber, so in about 5 years the HD would be cheaper, LOL. Even with the every 500 mile service on the springer frontend. That Sux LOL
                            Maybe because progressive calculates in typical rider-miles -- Kat riders ride; HD people spend far more time sitting, staring at their bikes from their table at hooters, or washing and polishing...

OK, I'll admit that's a blatant rag on the HD crowd and may be unfair. Probably not though :P
                            The fact that lots of beginning bikers start on Kats may also play into that cost figure.

Hmmm...
                            Maybe time to track someone down at progressive to find out how they figured the actuary tables for their insurance...

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

No it was not a blatant blow on HD, they do spend most of their time polishing their bikes. The time we spend on riding they spend on polishing. LOL
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

you wanna know something about progressive, it costs me more to fully insure my RC51 per year than it cost to buy the bike. theres something wrong with that.
                                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Working...
                                X