X

Can you desquid a squid ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you desquid a squid ?

So how possible is it really desquidify a squid ? What does it take set them on the straight and narrow...and off the road to disaster?

Education is the key, but of course, thats readily available anytime to them, so if you dont choose to take advantage of the resources available there's no one to blame to but themselves.

Maybe it just takes the worst kinda disaster to make them realize what they are doing? and even then, that doesnt always work, not by any stretch of the imagination.

I just refuse to ride with them. Theres a pretty good group of people that I ride with that is a sub group of a much larger local group. Let the squids play together and once they learn they'll smarten up. Sad to say it ussaly costs some skin or alot of plastic parts.

Comment

Squids will take care of the squid 'problem'.....its called natural selection.

Comment

Yes, I think it's possible.

Honestly, I think the biggest thing is convincing them to take a genuine interest in the safety and well-being of not only themselves, but the people around them when the ride. If that can be accomplished, I think the rest would fall right into place as a result.

Now, how to convince them of that...???

Comment

squids will learn by their mistakes one way or another. we all do squidly things..even the best of us
          Hello World.

Comment

Some times it only takes great people like you-all to help us understan that there is a better way!! I thank you!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

A lot of new riders are "squids" put them in a riding group of mature responsible riders and some will catch on, IMO.
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I have a good friend that I have known for 15+ years that always had bikes, but we never really rode together until he started wearing gear.

He now wears gear every time!

I guess he finally realized how important his family is, which is good because now I have someone to ride with.

Comment

squid is the kid that wants the r1 cuz he rode dirt bikes as a kid ...that is a squid and the kid that wheelies everywhere

Comment

We de-squidified someone when I had my stack on the weekend. We'd talked to them at the bottom of the mountain (a guy and his girl on a gixxer).

When they came up the top of the mountain I was there after my spill. One of the others started pointing out the damage to my gear and the bike, and the apparent lack of damage to me.

The squid was in t-shirt, shorts, sneakers and helmet. His girlfriend was the same, but had his leather jacket on.

The guy was soon convinced. He said after heading home carefully he wasn't riding until he had full gear and his girlfriend had full gear.

So, the answer is YES. You can desquid a squid. Have a stack and show them what damage the bike and gear copped and how you are still walking around.
                    fulcrum (aka David)
                    Blue 2004 GSX750F
                    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Wow....that was three days ago huh? I'm glad to here you're OK.

What kinda gear you got on at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                        squids will learn by their mistakes one way or another. we all do squidly things..even the best of us
                        Yeah we do, but its doing it in moderation and not endangering others that separates the real squids from those of us having alittle fun now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                          Wow....that was three days ago huh? I'm glad to here you're OK.

What kinda gear you got on at the time?
                          Yep, I'm just fine.

Details of crash
                          My gear
                          fulcrum (aka David)
                          Blue 2004 GSX750F
                          Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                          If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

I agree with AHF, but to elaborate. Remind them of there loved ones. What can be left behind.
                            I still refuse to ride with my brother if he wont wear a helmet.
                            Common sense is great, it's just not all that common.

Comment

I think you can de-squid them, just have to show them the consequencses... Or not ride them, and lot God show them what can happen.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X