X

NGK Sparkplugs - cheap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGK Sparkplugs - cheap!

Just wanted to let you know that I've found a great place (internet) for NGK sparkplugs that go for a great price! I've been looking locally for sparkplugs (NGK JR9C) and was unable to locate them. Got on the internet and found NGK.com (not the official NGK site) and paid $3.50 per plug. Locally they wanted $8.00!!

How much was shipping and handling? My local NAPA has NGK JR9C plugs in stock for $5.60
    '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

I have got them for as low and $4.75 but that is a great price and like Slipkid said, how much for shipping?
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

They want $4.26 each for mine. However, they have a new kind of plug available that I might try. It is made with iridium instead of platinum. They are $6.95 each....might be worth a try. They are rated as premium class.

Iridium

Iridium is a precious metal that is 6 times harder and 8 times stronger than platinum, it has a 1,200(=F) higher melting point than platinum and conducts electricity better. This makes it possible to create the finest wire center electrode ever. Prior till now, platinum had been favored for long life or performance spark plugs due to its high melting point, also the technology did not exist to machine and bond iridium on a spark plug electrode(at least in a cost effective manner). Iridium industrial spark plugs have been around for years, but still sells for over a hundred dollars per plug. Just now is the technology available to effectively use iridium in a spark plug for automotive applications. The strength, hardness and high melting point of iridium allows NGK to manufacture there iridium ultra-fine wire center electrode to 0.7mm. One of the finest firing points in the industry! (Thus far there has been no problems reported regarding use of iridium plugs with nitrous oxide.)
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I just went through the purchase process up to the point of actually buying them....the shipping is $10.00 for 4 plugs. the grand total for 4 Iridium plugs is $37.80 delivered. That is $9.45 a plug....US.
          For Canadians, it comes to $45.00 for 4 plugs. However my shipping calculations are to my american post office box....so Canadians can expect to pay maybe as high as $60-65 for 4 plugs.
          This is for an 1100. Your 600 and 750 plugs are a bit cheaper.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I must check this out!! Be back with info
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

i'm running Iridium plugs ( the last 6k miles )

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc

tim
                and????????
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                Who knows what is next?

Comment

Wow. I'm sure glad I used an 1986 750 GSXR head when I built the 771. I can buy NGK plugs for it at O'Rilelys Auto Parts for $2.25 a plug.

Comment

I paid the total of $31.00 for 2nd Day Air. I needed them for Bike Week.

Comment

Re: NGK Sparkplugs - cheap!

Originally posted by BlacKat
                      Just wanted to let you know that I've found a great place (internet) for NGK sparkplugs that go for a great price! I've been looking locally for sparkplugs (NGK JR9C) and was unable to locate them. Got on the internet and found NGK.com (not the official NGK site) and paid $3.50 per plug. Locally they wanted $8.00!!
                      Thats what I have on my Kat now..dealer put them on last summer while I had it in for the carbs.

Comment

I bought some NGK for the Vmax this past weekend. 3.20 each!
                        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT

tim
                          and????????
                          and.....

i just wanted to post i'm using them. i can't say if they're better than the standard plug - i did a lot of other work at the same time. on paper it's a better plug but would you feel it at the seat of your pants ?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT

tim
                            and????????
                            and.....

i just wanted to post i'm using them. i can't say if they're better than the standard plug - i did a lot of other work at the same time. on paper it's a better plug but would you feel it at the seat of your pants ?

tim
                            Functionally, there's no difference in the amount of power the engine produces with an irridium plug vs. a regular plug. The big difference is the burn-off temp range; irridium plugs come up to operating temp faster & have a wider range of temperatures that they burn off build-up through, thus making them less prone to fouling... but, if you bike is well tuned and not prone to plug fouling, this makes no difference either.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X