X

Exshaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exshaust

So i washed my bike today and had realize that I must have some big feet becouse there is rubber melted on to the muffler and now I'm having trouble getting it off . Is there a quick fix for that?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

If its rubber, try goof off. Worked for me. I have big feet too.
    2000 Kat 600
    "Fast Blue"
    Pic in Profile

Comment

yes move your feet foward or get smaller shoes had to say it I have no solution to your problem.
      Get Rich or Die Tryin

SOLD....1989 Red Katana 600
      Mesh Mod
      K&N Filters
      Chrome Decal Kit
      Red & Black Gel Grips ( Pro Grip model 724 )
      K&S black Bar Ends
      Sportech Chrome Windshield
      Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust
      Clear flush signals (front)

Comment

heat and a razor blade will remove much of it. After that, if the exhaust is steel (the OEM one is), a metal polish will help remove the remaining discoloration.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah goo gone does wonders too. Missy made the mistake of riding on the bike of my bike once w/ her KISS boots on, and left a nice rubber burn mark on my exhaust...took nice amount of goo gone, and viola !!

Comment

Re: Exshaust

Originally posted by escahoe
            So i washed my bike today and had realize that I must have some big feet becouse there is rubber melted on to the muffler and now I'm having trouble getting it off . Is there a quick fix for that?

you just have a custom shoe guard!!! nah..i'd try what everybody else suggested.
            if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

WD-40 and some 00 steel wool should do the trick. If the WD isn't working fast enough for you, you could try some laquer thinner. Don't bear down too hard though...
              '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Thanx for the help
                Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Working...
                X