Bike into truck bed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucky6man
    where u going to down in the citys thats where im from
    I'm coming down in another week to Edina. I'm from the cities, I just go to school up here in duluth.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
      Originally posted by AHF
      Be careful with that Nick...at 1500 lb total capacity, that's 500 per section, and you know that Kat will only be on one section so it's at it's limit.
      You bring up a good point. It has concerned me, but right now the budget is tight. I will keep an eye on it and add bracing if I need it. It is not something that I will be using on a regular basis.
      My Bi-fold ramp (from the same place) is rated at 1000 lbs, or 500 each side. I've used it for my Kat so many times I cannot count, and many times, I was on the same side of the ramp as the bike because the trailer is only 4' wide and it takes 2 bikes.

In my experience so far, it'll take weight pretty far in excess of it's rated capacity, although I don't recommend it and your mileage may vary.
      Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
        Originally posted by tzortn
        Originally posted by AHF
        Be careful with that Nick...at 1500 lb total capacity, that's 500 per section, and you know that Kat will only be on one section so it's at it's limit.
        You bring up a good point. It has concerned me, but right now the budget is tight. I will keep an eye on it and add bracing if I need it. It is not something that I will be using on a regular basis.
        My Bi-fold ramp (from the same place) is rated at 1000 lbs, or 500 each side. I've used it for my Kat so many times I cannot count, and many times, I was on the same side of the ramp as the bike because the trailer is only 4' wide and it takes 2 bikes.

In my experience so far, it'll take weight pretty far in excess of it's rated capacity, although I don't recommend it and your mileage may vary.

Comment

Working...
        X