X

Largest group ride you've been on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest group ride you've been on...

Ever do anything like the rolling thunder or something of that nature? We have them pass thru our area every year on their way down to DC for rally's for the POW/MIA's ..as well as other various huge groups that you can see at any given time depending on where you live.

What the largest group you ever rode with at one time?

Biggest i can say for me was, I rode w/ about 200 bikes, early last summer, on a poker run, up to carlisle for a monthly rally on a sunday morning..of course there were thousands of bikes up there like usual, but the group I rode up with was exceptionally large for all meeting at the same place and riding together. Usually riders flock in from all over in small groups and meet together.

This year's toy run. The paper the next day said there were around 8000 bikes, and there was a straight stretch of about 5 miles that was full of bikes, doubled and sometimes tripled in the lane. The run was only about 10 miles though. The biggest group I've actually "played" with was about 7 bikes.
    ~Jayson

Comment

Well the largest I did was about 50-60 bikes from the local University Motorcycle Club that I was a part of. We had some poker runs to a local barbecue place called PORKY's (Des Moines IOWA)....there of course we had at least 200 bikes come in over the course of the night...every thursday in summer. I personally like riding alone but once in a while its fun to ride with a huge groups and pass by the small towns and have the lil kids wave out to you and run up to their fences to have a look......ahhhhhh those were the days....lol

Comment

Largest group i have ridden with was about 20. My buddy who also has an 04 kat 600 and I were sittin in a parkin lot hanin a smoke one night and all several groups of 2 or 3 bikes kept pullin in. So we decided to go out for a ride that turned out to be an all nighter. That was pretty amazing for around here, usually people wont even wave at you ridin down the road. (Harly riders are the worst, very few even acknowledge you

Comment

Toys for tots in Poenix, AZ is good for about 3,000 bikes.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

One of the many toy runs down here in SoCal there was around 300-400 (I think). It was so cool.
            1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
            2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
            Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

largest group i've ridden with (excluding charity rides which can go up to 500+ bikes, etc...) would be 50 deep..its the bomb riding with a whole bunch of people
              Hello World.

Comment

I meet up with 100 to 300 bikers every weekend, but when I ride, I tend to break it down into a pack of five or max ten and let the main group ride out either behind or ahead of me... Too many stunters, tricksters, and other risk-factors I don't want to be in the middle of... Kind of like the KP/KR rally -- everyone is together, but they're broken into groups normally while actually covering miles.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

last summer at ACH

we lost count at group of 43

believed to be 50+

Comment

Most I ever rode with is about 60 bikes and that was on our normal sunday rides. We always had big groups. Spilt them up and that way everyone could stay together. Fast riders were in a group and so on. I miss those days. But now I really like to just ride with about 5-6 max that know how to ride and are not squids.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Ride for Kids 2004 Columbia, MD. ~1000 bikes and raised around $200,000.

Comment

um... I've never ridden with ANYONE, except during my MSF class. *tear*

Comment

Largest group ride I have been on was about 300 or so bikes that left my area to head to the provencial capital in Quebec to protest the price hike to license a bike. Once we arrived, there was ...umm...can remember exactly, but well over 10,000 bikes....and I was right there in the middle of it all....so 10,000 or so. We over-run the city and brought traffic to a halt for the most part.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

A few hundred.....@ Toy Ride!
                            (once in the rain...!)

Comment

I rode with about 400 at the end of last summer. It was a ride organized by my wife's uncle's motorcycle club. It was awesome to ride in back and see so many bikes ahead of you.

And the looks on the faces of people driving in cars next to you.....
                              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X