X

setting up for polishing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up for polishing

Today I just ordered a pile of polishing equipment. I bought a new die grinder, and electric drill, a bench grinder/polisher and a pile of polishing wheel and buffs...as well as all the compounds. I will have all I need for frames, swingarms, wheels...anything. I am anxious as hell for it to get here. I have done a little polishing at work, but not alot. Once I get the hang of that I will order an anodizing kit. I already have the powder coat equipment, so I will be pretty much set up to do all that stuff. I just created a plan for an oven big enough to hold a bike frame.
    So once all is set up and running smoothly, I might be able to offer the KR members some great deals on this stuff.

On another note....anyone here skilled at web design? I would like to throw together a website once I get going. Maybe we can make a trade. You create my website, I will do some work for you.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Let me know what you can do with the crankcase covers, mine suck. They seem to be stained and I cannot find anything to polish them out.
    2000 Kat 600
    "Fast Blue"
    Pic in Profile

Comment

Sounds like ur all set up... I know a few people that design and maintain sites. Plus you can always design your own w/ templates you can find online, and webspace isnt that expensive, nor is the domain.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BlueKat
        Let me know what you can do with the crankcase covers, mine suck. They seem to be stained and I cannot find anything to polish them out.
        I will do even better than that. I am going to try to polish the whole engine as much as possible then cover it with clear powdercoat. I have a spare engine that I am going to test on. Once I get settled and get it rolling, I will be posting pics through the various stages of it. What year and model of Kat do you have, Blue? Some of the 600's and 750's have the same covers as the 1100. I have a spare one. I could polish it up and post a pick of it. If you like it, we will do an exchange. I will make the cover my first project.
        As for the website, I don't really want to mess with it too much. However, a member on here has pm'd me that we can possibly make a trade.

Comment

sounds great mojoe, I'm always in the market for polishing and coating. Why not give the business to a fellow member.

Comment

What about clear plastic? I am working on that right now. Hope to have some great news soon for all of KR.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZ
              What about clear plastic? I am working on that right now. Hope to have some great news soon for all of KR.
              What do you mean? please elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                What do you mean? please elaborate.
                Taillights for pre98's right now.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

ok...thanks. wasn't sure what you were talking about.

Comment

ok...thanks. wasn't sure what you were talking about.
                    Nothing bad, if that is what you were thinking, Arsenic now's, I have his taillight.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    Who knows what is next?

Comment

Nothing bad, if that is what you were thinking, Arsenic now's, I have his taillight.
                      Actually....what I was thinking was not bad, but it was out there. I once saw a car amplifier that had a clear plexiglass housing. It gave me the idea that if someone did a customizing job on a bike frame, motor, wiring...all that stuff...made it look real sharp....then could somehow make or get a hold of clear plastic fairing, it would look super cool.
                      I know...weird. I just thought you might be onto something.

Comment

Actually....what I was thinking was not bad, but it was out there. I once saw a car amplifier that had a clear plexiglass housing. It gave me the idea that if someone did a customizing job on a bike frame, motor, wiring...all that stuff...made it look real sharp....then could somehow make or get a hold of clear plastic fairing, it would look super cool.
                        I know...weird. I just thought you might be onto something.
                        I did that to a Phoenix Gold M50 amp, awesome look for show only, won't help ventilate, and the M50 needs mass cooling.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                        X