X

Caught Air on the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrocatx
    Take 1431 to Nameless Road; 2nd left (after gun range), go about 10 miles down and there it is, nice twisties, then the down hill slope. There was a road bike race going on that day. They were paddling up the hill
    Ok, I know where that is. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Long Live the D

Comment

I got some serious air here about a year ago... Good quick uphill kicker flattens out for about 25-30 feet then drops down the other side. I hit it going about 110mph and Since I was hard on the throttle and gained about 3000rpm being in the air it left a little rubber mark where I landed at the bottom of the down part... I had a good about 80-90 feet of air time. Alot of fun but won't do it again.
      ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
        are you telling me you did a wheelie at 110 mph for 15 feet on a kat? we need pictures
        It CAN happen . On a trip with about 8 other bikes , we found this fun hill in the middle of nowhere . The lead rider , who knew where we were and what was coming , sped up . The rest of us hauled ass to keep up . Going balls-out at somewhere north of 80 up the hill in 5th gear I crested the hill (not sure what speed at that point) . Front wheel came RIGHT up , and I thought "oh shit , I'm doing a wheelie!" , followed by the rear wheel a split second later . We stopped at a gas station , and EVERYONE had gotten a bit of air except the 2 old BMW's with passengers . There were a FEW Kats , an SV1k , and the Kabana . Yeah , it can happen .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Are ya ready to start jumping school buses yet??
          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Maybe . The boss already calls me Knievel when I suit up to leave work ......

Comment

Good idea to wear the gear at work md86. Never know when you might lay that fork truck down...

Comment

Um , I DID almost drive it off the dock a couple weeks ago . Driver didn't chock his wheels or even set his freaking PARKING BRAKE , so when I pulled into his truck , it rolled forward about a foot . I was stuck in midair between the truck and the dock . Had to get "Big Bertha" to drag it back onto the dock . I think the guy was waiting for me to punch him in the face the way he was looking at me .

Comment

This is one reason I think Isle of Man people are crazy. They have a bend in there airborne hill part. So doing the air sideways icky.
                  2008 Ducati 1098
                  2001 Suzuki Katana 600
                  Suzuki Proud
                  Ducati Strong
                  Rode across the US and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

I'm not a jumping or wheelie kind of rider anymore. I prefer to keep both wheels on the ground, but I was driving down country road a few days ago and this hag cut me off, drove really slow for about a block, then made a sudden braking/turn movement into a driveway down the road. There was absolutely no consideration whatsoever. I got so frustrated that I revved to about 6 grand, stood the bike up and roared off just to get the hot air out from under my collar. It worked....
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Now this is some Serious Air.. !!

Comment

Working...
                      X