X

No more MSF discount on insurance...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more MSF discount on insurance...

Was talking w/ progressive and also state farm..neither of which gives any kind of discount for MSF course participants! It used to be between 5-10% WTF !! Neither company could give me a solid answer as to why they dont, but just that its not their policy to do so anymore.

I currently have progressive but its due to be renewed, and I'll see what I can find out w/ nationwide shortly.

thats too bad. i always tell the young guns to take it just to lower their high insurance rate ( but i really wanted them to take the class so they don't end up dead )

tim

btw - i went to our local doc wong class ( 1rst sunday of every month )
    the weather has been great for riding - 52 bikes showed up. it's usually around 20. glad to see so many willing to learn more.

Comment

See now my insurance rep said that they give $5 off for taking it and they are State Farm. Wow a whole $5 off my insurance can they come off anymore since I pay them a nice chunk anyway with all my vehicles and my homeowners is thru them.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Discount or not, I'll be sticking with Progressive for as long as I can...I love those guys.

Comment

That does suck, my sister is wanting to learn to ride this year, and I told her that her discount for taking the course would be close to what she would have to pay for the course. Grr.............
          2000 Kat 600
          "Fast Blue"
          Pic in Profile

Comment

yeah, it sucks. I have progressive too, and they never offered it to me to begin with. Although, as a 20 year old male, I think I am lucky as it is to have someone who will insure me *grin*

Comment

Still definately worth it to take the class..no brainer there..but man, atleast gimme something off my insurance for being responsible!!

Comment

Thats crap. I think that a lot of people take specifically to have lower rates. The saftey part of it being a priority of course, but at least it was pulling some potential riders.
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I have AAA and they don't either...but what really surprised me is that when I asked about it they person answered me with well that was your choice...I told him that in case of an accident and them paying for it would not be a choice on my part but a requirement on theirs...he went silent..smart a$$ didn't have an answer for that...later I wrote an email to AAA corporate office and they responded with the regular BS response...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I hate those regular BS responses.

Kinda wish someone would just sit down, and actually read them.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Well Nationwide don't give a discount either. I had always heard the 10% dicount if you took the MSF. But after taking it and going to the insurance co. with the card from completion of the class, I was informed that they don't give a discount.
                      sigpic93 Katana
                      98+ Rear Wheel 170/60/17 47 tooth Rear Sprocket
                      Vance and Hines SS2R Custom Airbrushing

03 Alstare 600
                      Salvaged title (lol)

Comment

Its kinda crap that they won't give you a discount. I would think that they would see that the course is a great asset to riders, and by offering the course, they may actually SAVE money, due to the fact of riders maybe having less mishaps.

But hey, what do I know. I'm not some big CEO of a company trying to line my pockets quick and easy.... Sometimes I wish I was though...
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Nacks93
                          Well Nationwide don't give a discount either. I had always heard the 10% dicount if you took the MSF. But after taking it and going to the insurance co. with the card from completion of the class, I was informed that they don't give a discount.
                          great thanks for bursting my last bubble of hope that some insurance company might actually give a crap about rewarding responsible acting motorcycle riders.. what was I thinking!

Comment

the key to the course is still that it'll help save you from some major disaster. that was the draw for me. i think ridin safe and havin the course possibly help save my life, in my opinion, is worth WAY more than saving a little bit of money. because saving money is worth nothin if you are six feet under

Comment

I tried to talk them into giving me a discount cuz I not only took the class but teach it too - but alas, they did not go for it.
                              can't fault a girl for trying

but on the bright side - got my renewal for my car insurrance - it went down by 1K a yr - so yay to that :mrgreen:
                              - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X