Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first accident

Originally posted by woobie
    Originally posted by fulcrum
    It is interesting sliding up the road on your face. The detail in the rocks you can see from 1 inch away is amazing
    It statements like this that really point out the problem with those shortie half helmets. Not something I'd want to be sliding face first down the road in, FF all the way.
    It's NOT just the shorty half helmets . Go ahead , ask me how I know this . Oh , and welcome to the club , we'll try to get your patch out to you soon .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

glad you hear your OK. good gear can save you from lots of pain.

now for learning from what happened.
      q: what was your body position ?
      q: when the rear started to slide out, did you get on the gas ?

tim

Comment

And don't get anything except a full face helmet. I landed on the chin and slid along with the chin and visor on the ground (which I why I got to examine the road in such detail). It doesn't look too bad, but I'm not wearing it again anyway. I doubt the chin could take another hit.
        DING DING DING

First things first, glad to hear that you are alright. As someone posted above, any crash you can walk away from.

As for the FF helmet I agree with you 100%. Actually I remember my MSF rider coach emphasizing FF helmets during my beginner class, saying that the majority of head inpacts are to the chin bar.

I only have one mug, it's pretty ugly already, don't need it any uglier!
        "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Good show dude. Glad to hear you are ok.

Comment

Really glad to hear you walked away...

Post-crash, always down a couple liters of water and some asprin when you get home -- it will help carry away the by-products of the muscle soreness faster.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Glad to hear that youare ok and still in one piece...hope that you get the bike sorted soon and back on the raod!!
              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Macka
                Actually I remember my MSF rider coach emphasizing FF helmets during my beginner class, saying that the majority of head inpacts are to the chin bar.
                At my course the instructors told of how during one class a guy wiped out wearing a shortie and messed up his face, at lunch break the other riders with shortie helmets all went to the local bike shop and grabbed FF helmets.
                Kyle

Comment

glad your OK Dave

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                    now for learning from what happened.
                    q: what was your body position ?
                    q: when the rear started to slide out, did you get on the gas ?
                    Well, my body position was face down, chest pressing on my right forearm and sliding uphill. But shortly before that I was set up right for the corner. Hanging slightly off the bike and looking around the corner. The problem was I'd gone slightly too deep (I still don't know why I looked at the leaves in the middle of the road on this corner, they'd been on the previous 10 or so corners and not grabbed my attention).

As for getting on the gas, I had just before the back went out. Between the back going out and me sliding was about a billionth of a second. I had enough time to think "that's odd" and then I was on the road.

And I don't think I have any frame damage, I was just trying to annoy Range (didn't seem to work). Thanks for the offer of the frame guy Joe, but insurance'll take care of it all for me.
                    fulcrum (aka David)
                    Blue 2004 GSX750F
                    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

My MSF class actually required us to have full face helmets with shields or atleast sun glasses. They allowed us to take the shields off for the class so we could communicate alittle easier with them, but we still had to have eye protection either way.

Always stuck with me.

Comment

that you are alright is the main thing!!!!
                        West of Germany
                        greetz Carsten

Comment

The only non-roadworthy thing at the moment is the busted indicator. We just spoke to the insurance company and the bike is all covered, but not my gear. Oh well
                          That sux man. Glad you are ok though.
                          I am not a big fan of the "no fault" insurance here, but at least they do pay for your clothing. When I had my car accident I was wearing a $400 Columbia ski jacket. They paid for everything...right down to my underwear and socks. Even my boots.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                          X