Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What temperature or date are you watching for ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was shooting for late february. But a foot of snow a week back took care of that. Now we have snow and ice all over the place, and a cold front from canada is stuck over NE for the next week and a half.

The bike is ready to go. All I need is for the ice to melt of the road, and the temps to hit 35 and I will be out.
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I'm not watching or waiting... I'M RIDING!

Commuted to work this morning - had a doctor's appointment across town - about 50 miles so far today on my kat!

Otherwise, my only requirement is no snow or slush on the road. I've left for work with a temp of 15 F outside. It was beautiful in the afternoon that day though... got up to about 40!

Comment

For me, prolly not till the end of April. The road will be nice and clean, and it should be warm enough.

Most importantly though, I should have the bike done by then!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Hey Al, what part of Mississippi are you from?
          "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
          -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
          -DMX

Comment

I've been riding the whole time. Well, not the WHOLE time. Whenever it dipped down past about 5, I stayed at home. Did anyone ever tell me that stupidity was the ugly cousin of bravery? Yes. Yes, they have.

Comment

I just want this damn rain to stop!!!!!!
              DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

A few rainy days to clean the roads and a temp of around 5C. First sunny day I'll be out there . Can't wait.
                Kyle

Comment

what you get done to your bike lou?

Comment

I'll be riding as of March 18th. 8)

MD86... you're right. 50 degrees is for sissies.

Comment

u mean....some people...STORE THEIR BIKES ?????? i ride mine rain or shine. of course no colder than 40degrees
                      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

well u do have a bit of an advantage being from cali and all.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                          Right now I would like to see anything over 50deg. What I really want is a good hard rain to clean the roads. We have a lot of sand left behind from the snow fall.
                          Ditto. I'm not going out until the salt and sand is cleared off.

That could be MONTHS.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

as long as ur out and about for this rally we're planning this summer for the northeast riders.

Comment

Have been out a bunch this year, and will be out all weekend. Me and the GF are going to try to go to OKC next weekend and stay at nice hotel, do some shopping and relax!!!!!!!!! I am nervous about parking my bike in a public place overnight, but it should be in a parking garage and not out in the open. Highs have been in the 50's to 70's so far this week.
                              2000 Kat 600
                              "Fast Blue"
                              Pic in Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                                as long as ur out and about for this rally we're planning this summer for the northeast riders.
                                Oh, I'll be putting on the miles this summer!

Get some new shoes for the R1, find some corners, and start carving.

I can't wait to get through the break-in period so that I can feel the 8k-12k rush that everyone's talking about. EEP!

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Working...
                                X