No announcement yet.
X

Bike theft info from a thief.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone who uses the $99 Radioshack GPS tracking device give some more info?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat View Post
      A cop friend of ours once told us..if u ever see someone breaking into ur car or you find them breaking into your house..shoot them and kill them, then just stick a kitchen knife in their hands. Self defense, they're dead..end of story!

That came straight from a cop!
      I had one tell me the same thing. If you shoot them, make sure it's in the chest and that they fall in your house. ..... and never in the back as it would seem they're running away.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

$1500 for a busa? ah is there a number i can call and place an order? lol

Comment

Originally posted by tnez21 View Post
          $1500 for a busa? ah is there a number i can call and place an order? lol
          yeah they will hook u right up with Tom's or Chinto's

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by tmsz View Post
            I was the show as well. The disk lock was brought up and the guy said that it takes him about 10 seconds to bypass that. He mentioned that it can be done with a flathead screwdriver. Also I'm not sure that you will be so brave as to kick anybody's a$$ when you are surrounded bu 4-5 guys. Remember that these guys do not work alone.
            My bike has an alarm that pages me. You try to take it, I'm coming outside quickly. I won't be alone either. I will have 16 friends (9mm rounds) to help me stop you from taking my bike or harming me.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
              Item #4: I'm still looking at some of the other GPS+cellular-based services. The best deal I've found so far is the GPS-Thief-Track with a three year contract -- $335 including install and 36 months of coverage ($9.30/month), with 1/4 mile geofence and 50 "locates" per year. Haven't talked to them about the physical size & requirements for the unit yet, though.... http://www.gpsonsale.com/vehicletrac...hief-Track.htm
              If I were to go with one, I would probably go the InstaMapper route. $40 phone, $10/mo. for internet access, no contract, done.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Had a friend that lived in a apartment and one night he thought he heard something out side. He said it sounded like glass braking, So he grabed his 9mm from the dresser ran out side and saw a bunch of mexicans stealing his car they had just got it started and where backing out and he "thought" he saw a gun it was an aluminum baseball bat but at night you know things get mixed up lol Well he ended up emptying the clip in to the windsheild of his own car just to stop it from getting stolen.He hit all three guys in or near the chest (didn't kill them ). Police came talked to him made sure the gun was lagit and said he was fine he was protecting his property from a theif with a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                  If I were to go with one, I would probably go the InstaMapper route. $40 phone, $10/mo. for internet access, no contract, done.
                  I would definitively want the geo-fence feature (notification if the bike moves outside a preset boundary), as a warning at the instant it's moved during the theft. Tracking it is cool, but being told it's moving when you expect it to be parked is cooler, IMHO.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                  CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                  The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by C_MONEY View Post
                    Had a friend that lived in a apartment and one night he thought he heard something out side. He said it sounded like glass braking, So he grabed his 9mm from the dresser ran out side and saw a bunch of mexicans stealing his car they had just got it started and where backing out and he "thought" he saw a gun it was an aluminum baseball bat but at night you know things get mixed up lol Well he ended up emptying the clip in to the windsheild of his own car just to stop it from getting stolen.He hit all three guys in or near the chest (didn't kill them ). Police came talked to him made sure the gun was lagit and said he was fine he was protecting his property from a theif with a weapon.
                    He got a lucky break. What city/state was this in?
                    Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

A Harley rider spends $1000 on leathers and wears a beanie helmet. A sport bike rider spends $600 on a helmet and wears shorts.

Comment

the US constitution should protect you from any criminal charges if you kill the thief, however it does not protect you from civil charges.

that being said i will not hesitate to beat the **** out of someone trying to steal my property, regardless of any consequences my state may allow. Especially my bike. I don't care if you are stealing just the bunjie cord off the back seat, you are getting a beat down because you would be 1) trespassing as my bike is on private property 2) breaking and entering as my bike is inside a locked garage, and 3) posing a threat by the very nature of being uninvited(think jury here)

Comment

Working...
                      X