X

Bike theft info from a thief.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
    A cop friend of ours once told us..if u ever see someone breaking into ur car or you find them breaking into your house..shoot them and kill them, then just stick a kitchen knife in their hands. Self defense, they're dead..end of story!

That came straight from a cop!
    exactly!!!!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Jane
      Originally posted by KatanaTX
      Originally posted by SweetLou
      I am sorry, but if I caught a theif, that would be the end of his day.. and his life. I would drag his ass back into my house, and kill him there.

People just have no respect for other peoples property. Drives me nutz.
      That's what I like about TX, we have the right to carry and kill trespassers/would be thieves as we please.
      Your'e so lucky! Over here if someone wants to steal something of yours, and you so much as try to stop them, you can be prosecuted. Even if someone breaks into your house and attacks you, if you hit them back with "unreasonable force", the perpertrator can sue you for damages and you are the one ends up in court.

Thats really crappy. Its horrible when the crooks get more rights than the victims.

What ever happened to a "Eye for an Eye". In the US here, it seems like they are so uppity up on keeping with what the Bible says, not allowing gay marriges and all, why don't they up keep the part about an Eye for an Eye.

What a bunch of bull Crap!

I need to go shoot something now. Anyone want to go to the range?
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

There's nothing worse than seeing a crook go to court for blatantly committing a crime and walking away with compensation!!! it just makes absoluletly no sense to me!!

Comment

I was just talking to my boyfriends son who is a police officer, and he did say that if someone was in my garage for example trying to nick my bike, and I hit him with something, then the police would probably believe it was a pre-emptive strike as I thought the perpertrator was going to attack me, and especially so as I am a woman - however if I chased him down the road and smashed his brains in, then probably not!! So I told him if I killed him I'd have to bury him so there would'nt be problem, but he told me that probably wouldn't be a good idea!!

Comment

Shoot Range ? What did he ever do to you ? Oh yeah , nevermind .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I saw that show last week,Seeing it realy made me appreciate how lucky i am to have a shed and a 100 pound german shepard that loves to bark.
              97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

People just have no respect for other peoples property. Drives me nutz.
                Especially financial institutions...
                '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  Shoot Range ? What did he ever do to you ? Oh yeah , nevermind .
                  well he did say "the range" and there is only 1 real range, but our range isnt that range..our range is a different range..isnt that right range !

Comment

Originally posted by tmsz
                    I was the show as well. The disk lock was brought up and the guy said that it takes him about 10 seconds to bypass that. He mentioned that it can be done with a flathead screwdriver. Also I'm not sure that you will be so brave as to kick anybody's a$$ when you are surrounded bu 4-5 guys. Remember that these guys do not work alone.
                    The problem with (a one sided) disc locks is that you can quite easily just loosen the rotor on that side and ride away with it... known to happen a lot in Stockholm.

If I need to park my bike outside I try to park it next to some newer bikes, and lock it as much as I can.
                    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

theft

When they stole my cbr600 it was in my driveway, three guys, a van, and 2A.M. Whodda thunk it. They found it later in a local salvage yard, chopped to bits. Two of the thugs opted for three free meals and cable TV, the youngest one paid me off $100 a month for 25 months. Course THAT money went for electric bill, telephone bill, yada yada ysda.

Comment

unfortunately, if someone wants it bad enough, they're gonna get it no matter what..fortunately, Kats arent near as high on the theif food chain as many others. So that's atleast something to take heart in...but not that much .

Comment

There was a similar article in Motorcycle News in the UK a few years ago. A previous bike theif was talking about his experiences and said the most fearful thing for the theif is a baby monitor in the garage. He couldn't know if he was being monitored and left in a real hurry minus the bike... Also, when my VFR was stolen in Oxford the police suggested a cover... Yes, as simple as that, they had never had an incident of a motorcycle being stolen from under a cover. I guess the theif doesn't know what the bike is, if it is complete, if it runs - anything. Also, always use your steering lock. When I was 14 I had made a connector to hotwire my brothers ER125 while he was away with the army... Sooooo easy. Not really theft - I always made sure there was the same amount of petrol left when I returned it so as not to get caught. Did get a pasting when I told him ten years later... ha ha .
                          The early bird may get the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

sigpic '92 GSX750F, Motad 4-1 Exhaust, Conti Road Attacks (120/70 & 150/70)

Comment

I have 2 disk locks an alarmed one for the front and a standard pin type for the back kinda lessens my worries, the fact that i park in the back of a fenced yard with 2 big *** dogs helps to

Comment

There is no such thing as a PROFESSIONAL thief. Just a thief. A professional is when you have a real job.

Comment

It's like Thriller....... this thread is back from the dead!

It's true, you won't stop a professional thief. Not with any normal means, anyway. I used to tell people that when they were getting alarms in their cars..... if they wanted to make sure that NOBODY could EVER steal their car, I told them it wasn't going to happen. If a pro decides your car is worth that much, they will have it.
                                However, most people's cars/bikes are NOT worth it. Here's a joke.....

Two guys walking through the jungle. A lion starts approaching them from a distance. He's crouching, obviously about to run at them. One guy stops, takes off his boots, and puts on some Nike's. The other guy says "do you really think that's going to help you outrun the lion?!" and he responds "I only have to outrun you!"

Not a funny joke, but it illustrates a point. You only need to make your vehicle less attractive to a thief than somebody else's bike. If I wanted a Busa right now, there are probably 10 of them within 5 miles of me. 4-6 of them are likely outside. And 3-5 of them will be completely unlocked and unguarded. So what would you choose to steal? The one with the LED flashing, the chain/lock on it, and the "F**k 911, I dial .357" sign in the yard...... or the one sitting unlocked in an apartment parking lot?
                                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                                X