X

STOLEN!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber,

I know! They dropped it on the left side!!

Ok, is replacing the lock assembly doable by an amature?

They simply slammed a screwdriver into the ignition, so the lock assembly will have to be replaced.

Any tips?

Comment

Let the dealer handle it at the insurance company's cost. Make sure to ask him to quote it to the insurance company with the entire replacement key & lock set (suzuki part number 37103-33810 ), which replaces all four locks with new ones, gives you two new master keys plus should include a back-up key used to cut new masters (not 100% sure on the back-up key).

If you have a deductible, talk to your dealer's shop foreman about it before their adjuster gets there -- tell him what the deductible is and he ought to be able to pad the numbers by that much to make sure you don't have to come out-of-pocket or don't have to come out of pocket heavily (as long as the deductible $1k or under); bringing a 6 pack of good beer at closing time helps a lot

This is one of those situations where you really want the dealer to step up and take the insurance pay-out, and fix literally EVERYTHING. That way if you find out that the idiots also screwed around in the wiring harness later, or caused secondary issues that you might have overlooked, the dealership will be responsible for covering it (if you & the adjuster overlook it, that's life; if a Suzuki dealer overlooks something, that's a professional missing something they should have caught).

At least that's my two cents worth.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately my deductible is 1000 bucks. There are a number of things that could be fixed, however. Like they STOLE my full Yosh exhaust system and replaced it with a slip on!!!

Comment

The guy at the shop has a wide margin of discretion. Does he want to spec in a complete frame-off strip-down and re-powdercoat that isn't actually necessary nor done? That can cover your $1k deductible. Or that bend you can't actually see in the fork tube will mean a new fork needed, when a few minutes with a tubing bender can fix it. Trust me, a savvy shop steward or shop foreman knows exactly how to make sure your actual out-of-pocket on getting it all fixed is minimized for the simple price of a smile, a nod, a handshake, and a six-pack or case of beer. He might also know that Brooksville Bob (or Cincinnati Steve) has a spare set of fairings that he'll let go cheap... You want this guy on your team, pitching for you.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry to here that, wont be able to keep my eye out for it cos I`m in the UK but I`ll keep an eye on E bay. Had my 750f stolen a couple of months back but luckily got it back in one piece apart from a broke ignition, a few scuffs and a shredded back tyre. A gut wrenching experience I know but keep hoping dude it might turn up and the police might find the thieving scum that stole it. They are the lowest form of life on the planet.

Comment

didnt read all the posts on the thread. So glad you got it back dude. When I picked mine up from the recovery depot I had tears of joy in my eyes. It hasnt been the same though knowing my baby had been tampered with by some lowlife

Comment

good to hear you got it back.. Dont know what I would do if someone stole my Kat

Comment

Working...
                X