X

Am I The Only 1100 Kat Owner Here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I The Only 1100 Kat Owner Here?

All I have seen around here are the 600 & 750 Kats, unless I missed the other 1100 owners I think I'm the only one, say it ain't so.....
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

uh what year was the 1100 ? lol
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Ride profile has info on my bike.

Comment

I am trying to find one for sale in florida and fix it up. None so far. There are a couple of kat 1100 members.
        joe
        sigpic

Comment

Mojoe is another 1100 owner , but he's the only other one I can think of right now . I thought we had a poll about that a while back (Matt ? ) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

my sisters bf has one, its black just like yours with a corbin, so if yo uwant it ill ask him if he wants to sell it

Comment

I have 2 of them, GSX. A 92 which was originally red like the one in the pic, but I have since tore it down to make a...well, a monter.
              The other one...the purple and silver one...that is my daily driver...it is a 93. You are not alone, bud.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I have several sets of forks, about 6-7 wheels, headlight, flashers, swingarms, electric windscreens, 2 corbins and a travelaced (which you see on the purple/silver one), 2 complete body sets, tons of rotors, a spare engine, mirrors, 2 tanks, a whole box of misc parts. All stuff I collected through the last year on Ebay. I plan on having my bike for many years to come....so I snagged up all the spare parts I could to get me through. They truly are a rare bike. However, there is always one or 2 for sale on Ebay.
                If I happen to come across a clean title frame, I could probably throw together a 3rd bike quite easily.

It is a big bike...bigger than the 600 or 750 for sure, but just look at this picture. Is it just me, or does it look kind of small under me? Long maybe...but still sort of small. That is why I can't even consider a 600 or 750...just too damn small. I was about 20lbs heavier in that pic.

Comment

This is the one I want!!!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                    This is the one I want!!!
                    You and about five other guys I know!
                    Pretty rare.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mojoe you seem to have the same affect on the Kat as I do, I make it look small, dad always said that when I sat on the bike it looked like a bear riding a football. That was a good idea you had to get all the spare parts just in case you need to rebuild.

You & I have probably bid against each other on eBay for parts.

Being as I'm not the only 1100 Kat only here I will have to add my name to the i.d. list of eBay users.

Thazkat definitely wants that old school Kat. One of those would be nice to have.

I'm not looking for parts or another 1100 Kat to buy, just wanted to know that I wasn't the only one.

Thanks

Comment

Just like finding a 1100 Big Kat the parts are just as hard to find. Like you and Mojoe, I too make the pre98 750 look like a mini -bike. lol
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          Mojoe is another 1100 owner , but he's the only other one I can think of right now . I thought we had a poll about that a while back (Matt ? ) .
                          I thought we did too, I'll see if I can find it tonite later on, after I have some free time not at work.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX
                            That was a good idea you had to get all the spare parts just in case you need to rebuild.
                            With all the $ I will have in the one I am rebuilding, I just figured it was a smart move. If I dump it and mess it up I don't want to just write it off or not be able to fix it. As it is right now, twisting the frame is the only thing I will not be able to fix right away for free. However, I know where this is a clean frame as well....will probably buy it this spring.
                            I am just addicted to the big kats.

There is an 83 kat on ebay....200hp monster. If it wasn't for the timing, I would make him an offer.

Comment

here is another one here

Comment

Working...
                              X