Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm hot topic lately..

I stick by my Opinion

Comment

I used to own a viffer 750. It was a great bike but maintenance is alot more complicated and more expensive than the Kat. Both great bikes but I like my Kat.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

the kat is less complicated therefore simple = reliable

Comment

When your VFR is out on the road pissing coolant.........I'll ride right on by.
          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
            A Katana can't overheat? I wish you had been there the day mine did, you could have helped me push it... My Katana is the only bike I've had overheat, btw. Even when a rock punctured the radiator on my TLR, it didn't get hot enough that I couldn't keep moving toward home.
            I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
              Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
              A Katana can't overheat? I wish you had been there the day mine did, you could have helped me push it... My Katana is the only bike I've had overheat, btw. Even when a rock punctured the radiator on my TLR, it didn't get hot enough that I couldn't keep moving toward home.
              Wing- just giving ya a hard time over the Honda, and if I did happen to see ya broke down and pushing, I'd give you a hand.
              I am interested in the operating conditions you were running your Kat in when it "overheated". Here in the Dallas metroplex we have lots of days over 100 degrees and log jammed traffic, but haven’t experienced my grey bomber getting "too" hot yet.
              It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
                Originally posted by katanasoldier
                Ah opinions.
                I believe opinions are what was asked for. I've owned both bikes (my Kat was a 600 though) and put thousands of miles on them. How many other people chiming on on this thread can say that?
                I can!

And I agree. Money being no object? The VFR wins hands down.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I've never riden one but I've heard the VFR is a great ride, with (as many have said) the maintenence being a pain. But hey, if you've got the extra coin to drop on that kind of stuff why not go with the better bike?
                  "When a man is faced with his own death, the impossible seems less of a barrier."

Comment

[quote="tnvatdreamland.
                    I am interested in the operating conditions you were running your Kat in when it "overheated". [/quote]

95+ F, ~90% humidity stuck in stop and go traffic moving past an accident with no good place to pull off. First it started running a bit rough, then it got noticably noisier, and finally died and would not restart. I pushed it a few hundred feet to the closest safe place to park and let it cool for 30 minutes or so. After it cooled down the bike started right up and I continued on my way. That was the only trouble I had with the Katana in the time I owned it.

Other bikes could overheat in those conditions as well, but the Katana is the only bike I've owned that actually has. I'm not condeming the bike for it, only pointing out that the Katana isn't immune to overheating.
                    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Working...
                    X