X

Lucky To Be ALIVE!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky To Be ALIVE!!!

well i picked up my brand new katana 600 on 4/3/07 i rode it from Castle Rock CO to Florence CO where i live my best friend grabed his bike and we headed to Wal-Mart in Canon City about 10 mins down the highway from Florence. i was about 1/4 mile ahead of him when i pulled up to the first traffic light which trund green befor i could come to a compleet stop . as i began to accelerate i looked in my mirrior to see my friend comeing up verry fast as he never noticed the red light and did not realize how slow i was moveing befor it was to late. by the time i accelerated to about 20mph i heard his tires sceech and then felt him slam into the back of me , which blew out my rear tire and put me into a wobble that luckly i controled. he however was not so fourtinate he had no helm on and was thrown into the gaurd rail at aprox 60mph his body is coverd in road rash and he has a very bad compound fracture on his right anckle breaking and shaterd every bone in the joint he has 7 screws 2 plates and 2 rods holding it together for now minor scrapes to his head but tons of deep road rash throught his body. here are some pictures of the bikes i took them with my cell phone but i will post some better ones as soon as i unpack my items... he will be released from the hospital in 2 days and will have to under go serious theropy.
    Attached Files

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

and a few pictures of the injurys ill get the bad ones once he is out like back of legs and a few spots on his head
      most of the woonds are pretty clean as he just had 2 really hot CNA's give him a sponge bath
      Attached Files

Comment

WOW!!!! You are lucky to be alright. Hope you get your bike up n runnin soon. Next time ride behind that squid!!! tell your buddy to heal fast, best of luck and give him a brochure for the next Motorcycle Safety class. Take him shoppin for a HELMET TOO.

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

Wow man. I hate to read stuff like this but am so glad both of you are alive to talk about it!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
            ...he just had 2 really hot CNA's give him a sponge bath
            KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

I hate to sound like a jerk, but that is one buddy I probably wouldn't ride with again.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I second that notion. It's not like he had to dodge a car...he was dodging a bike. Panic factor was far to high to be going any faster than 25 none the less 60+
                2008 Ducati 1098
                2001 Suzuki Katana 600
                Suzuki Proud
                Ducati Strong
                Rode across the US and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Heal Well, Heal Fast.
                  I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right.

Comment

Holy crap man! Glad you guys are ok, but like Fred and Mazda said, I wouldn't be riding with him again. I hope he heals up fast!

Long Live the D

Comment

How long has your friend been riding ? I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I always usually let newbies ride in front of me for that reson.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Attack of the Killer Squid.. You mention your friends gear or lack there of, but not your own. If you were geared up good for you. If not I hope the squid attack taught you a lesson.

On another note I am glad you are both alive, but I would stay away from this guy while operating a motor vehicle. I know things like this happen, but it really shouldn't have. He was not paying any attention squid moe number one, and probably reacted the wrong way when he did realize what was going on.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Sounds like he wasn't paying attention to what was going on around him. And not having a helmet does not speak well for him. I'm glad you didn't come out any worse than you did, but hope this becomes a lesson for both of you. What scares me a little is your attitude, which from your posts sounds like you're taking this very very casually. This could have been MUCH more serious for both of you (especially your friend without the helmet). Please be more careful man.... at least about picking the people you ride with.

p.s. If you do realize how serious this could have been but are still trying to look at the bright side and joke about it, then I admire your outlook. Hope you and your friend heal up soon.
                          Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry to here about your accident Bro glad that your ok though it looks like your friend will be laid up for awhile. Canon City / Forence area is really scenic but it sounds like you guys are from down there so I doubt that sight seeing caused your accident. Hopefully if your friend ever decides to ride again he just pays closer attention to his riding instead of whatever else was on his mind.
                            We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                            Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

Re: Lucky To Be ALIVE!!!

Originally posted by Tsunami
                              thrown into the gaurd rail at aprox 60mph
                              Into the guard rail at ~60 with no gear at all on and that's all he got? I really don't believe that.

Anyway, he had to of been not paying any attention at all to completely not notice you like that. I would guess he also target fixated on your back end, which is why he hit you. Tell him to swerve next time; bikes are small enough

/kiba
                              find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Working...
                              X