X

Just another reason to start out small

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another reason to start out small

Another one who "almost" learned the hard way...

click click

Wonder if he had gear on

Someone should have told him to get a KAT!!!!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I swear to god, I need to develop a new-rider chipset for those bikes that drops the power down... slap it in, learn to ride, then pop it out and put the original CPU back in to go back to stock -- later

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i love how the first guy congragulated him on his first wheelie. moron.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          I swear to god, I need to develop a new-rider chipset for those bikes that drops the power down... slap it in, learn to ride, then pop it out and put the original CPU back in to go back to stock -- later

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Request new rider dyno runs and remap so they can't go above say 4,000 rpm!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            You can count on me for an inverstor, that is a great idea.
            2000 Kat 600
            "Fast Blue"
            Pic in Profile

Comment

damn...my wife who had NEVER RIDDEN A BIKE either did way better than that. She may have stalled it 2x but after that it was like she'd been riding for years
              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Did you guys see his avitar??
                Poster child for Squids-r-us..

Comment

should've been smart like me and got a Kat for the first bike.

www.vwvortex.com
                  I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                  Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                    damn...my wife who had NEVER RIDDEN A BIKE either did way better than that. She may have stalled it 2x but after that it was like she'd been riding for years
                    stalling it is always way better than landing on ur arse atleast she knew what she should and shouldnt do..unlike that tard in the article!

Comment

squids r us
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I don't know who in their right mind would buy an r1 or r6 to start out. It sure doesn't seem like he has ever ridden a bike. I think he should have started out w/ a 50 cc 3 speed to learn how to work a clutch first. I don't think a lot of beginners realize how fast most bikes actually are. They think that it's like a car and opening the throtle most of the way will have good acceleration but not enough to lose control over. Little do they know the wheel comes up and they are SOL

Comment

maybe he'd like to get rid of his r6 pretty cheap. but that chip is actually a really good idea. i'd be in for investing if any was put into developement
                          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

That boy's in for a world of hurt.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

...I'm planning on taking it to a parking lot with my pops...him and my uncle have been riding it all night...just laughing at me...i need some confidence.!!!

Thanks for all the support guys...i appreciate it..!

I'm not sure what's more disturbing:

1. Pops letting his kid who can't ride get an R6,
                              2. Pops and Uncle laughing at him for not being able to ride it (which will probably push the kid to ride way faster than his skills allow, or,
                              3. The fact that he has to get support and encouragement from a "bike forum".

Nothing against forums (especially my KR peeps), but support and encouragement should come from parents, first. Since they allowed him to get the bike you would expect them to step up. Lord knows I don't wanna know how that parking lot lesson turns out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X