X

new exhaust jetting question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new exhaust jetting question

Ok im going to buy this ,Yoshi and i wanted to know what rejetting kit i should use. As far as what i expect out of this setup would be , i would like alittle more acceleration or torque. I dont use the top end hardly at all so a loss there would be fine.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

technically with a slip on you don't have to re-jet,BUT, late model Kats are so lean from the factory, you will get good results from doing it. the only way to really get more power would be with a K&N filter, FULL exhaust system,and a re jet. to get a little quicker acceleration, look into a sprocket change.

Comment

so when i get it ...i could put it on and in a week, when i get money , rejet. I just thought it would run not so good until it was rejetted.

SO when i do get the kit...is there any particular setup to do. How do i know which one to get.
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

With just a slip on, a stage 1 should be just fine. If you are changing your sprockets and stuff, you don't need to re-jet.

The pipe change should take about 5 to 10 minutes (Depending how hard it is to pull off your factory pipe, mine was a little hard, but I got it.)

Sprockets are a different story. You almost need a impact wrench to break loose the front sprocket due to the locktite. Rear is a bit easier.

You will notice a HUGE difference with just the sprocket change though, but it will take away from your top end speed a bit, but it sounds like that is not much of a matter for you, so sprocket change will do you good!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

so the jets and needles in stage 1 are basically all the same size? i dont know much about bikes , but i've rebuilt my carbs on my chevelle serveral times

Comment

well if you dont care about top end get some sprockets see if you can go down one in the front nad up one in the back, that is what i have and its pretty swee, you also may want to just go up 2 in hte back or whatever combo you want, jimmy knows a site that will get you a sprocket with how ever many teeth you want so id def do a sprocket if you dont care bout top end

Comment

yeah, you can do the pipe now and the jet kit later. as for that jet kit, i would go this route

Comment

not to mention, if you get a new back sprocket, generally it will be lighter than the stock one....this will allow you quicker acceleration as well. (less weight for the tranny to turn)
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan2
                  yeah, you can do the pipe now and the jet kit later. as for that jet kit, i would go this route
                  http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2432
                  +1.

Tell him the CyberPoet sent you, and he'll probably throw in a free Tshirt into the deal

I've tried the K&N/DynoJet kit, as well as Ivan's and Ivan't trumps the DynoJet kit by a mile. I haven't tried the FactoryPro kit yet, so I can't comment about theirs, but given the great results I've had from Ivan's, I'm not going to bother testing the FactoryPro kit.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X