X

looking for high performance parts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for high performance parts?

In search of 40mm carbs I came across these two sites. Lots of used stuff for sale in case you need anything. Cranks, carbs, air shifters, NOS, you name it!

www.dragbike.com and www.stripbike.com

Just stay away from the carbs until I find mine...hehe
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Hmmmmmmmmm......NOS!! Thanks
    Bike is sold

Comment

Hey Mojoe. I just bought a set of 40mm carbs for a 88-92 Gixxer. I am not sure that they will fit between the frame yet. When I get them though, I will let you know, incase they don't fit in my kat frame that is.

Otherwise, when I get home, I will send you a few web addy's for some other places you may be able to purchase from.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by lou
        Hey Mojoe. I just bought a set of 40mm carbs for a 88-92 Gixxer. I am not sure that they will fit between the frame yet. When I get them though, I will let you know, incase they don't fit in my kat frame that is.

Otherwise, when I get home, I will send you a few web addy's for some other places you may be able to purchase from.
        Mikunis? I have a few sets that I could buy, but I am looking into something else. I am thinking of going with Lectrons. The guy I bought the engine from said he bought a set and loved them. There is no jets and totally self adjusting. He said it was like having fuel injestion and suggested them strongly.

Here are the Lectrons

Comment

Originally posted by lou

Mikunis? I have a few sets that I could buy, but I am looking into something else. I am thinking of going with Lectrons. The guy I bought the engine from said he bought a set and loved them. There is no jets and totally self adjusting. He said it was like having fuel injestion and suggested them strongly.

Here are the Lectrons

Comment

Here are the mikunis I could get.

Comment

I seen those lectrons, and they are sweet.

They Place I seen them were selling them for about $760 bucks. I also wasn't sure how they would bolt up to the bike.

As for the Minuki's, they were going for about $660 bucks if I remember right, but once again, didn't know how well they would bolt up. Thats why I wanted to try something stock first, but man those lectron one would rock.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have found several set of lectron for sale if you are interested in a set. The ones I am considering are $350.....$400 with the throttle and cable. One good thing about them....simplicity at it's best. A monkey can take them apart to clean them. There is nothing to them.

Comment

If these carbs don't work out Mojoe, I'll let youknow, because those may be the next step. How hard are they to mount up to the engine? Do you have to fabricate a bracket or something?
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

don't know much about them yet, lou. but i think you just hook them directly to your maifold tubes....that's it. if this is the case, it is a remarkably simple set-up. no jets..no adjustments....nothing. the idle is the only thing and it is done by the brass fitting at the top...shorten or lengthen cable. this is extremely handy if you are riding in different climates. no need to fiddle with the carbs.

this is the premier site for these carbs. www.fastbygast.com

this section is the carbs. http://www.fastbygast.com/Catagories...arburetors.asp

they tell ya how they work.

Comment

How much do those Lectrons run. Sounds like something that I would like to upgrade to down the road even if these carbs work!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I saw a new set of 40's for $749....new 45's for $799. Those are new prices.

Comment

I just got off the phone with a tech rep at FBG for the Lectrons. He was very helpful. Not one of those jerks that will tell ya anything just to make a sale. He said I would love the carbs, BUT...he didn't recommend them for day to day street use because of the high idle speed. You have to idle at 2k, which makes for some hard shifting into 1st.
                          So I guess mikunis are what I will be going with.

Comment

Man, thats to bad. Thos lectrons were looking and sounding great.

No way to tune them down about for idle though, huh?

Guess if these don't work, I will have to go with the plain jane minuki's as well
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

My second choice is a set of keihin's, but they are not cheap. plan on a grand at least. I will go for the mikunis for now.

actually, I think I am going to take my 36mm's and put them on the bridgeport where I used to work and bore them out to 40mm. It is done all the time, but I just wanted to keep my stock set in case I put my other engine back in some day.

Comment

Working...
                              X