X

Ebay Beware

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Beware

I had a flat on my bike a week ago and needed a new tire....so I searched around on the net and found a Z6 for a good price from a seller named mawonline. I ordered the tire last saturday and there it sits at his place...it is supposed to ship within 2-3 days but it is just sitting there. I have tried to contact him through email and he will not respond. If any of you guys are searching ebay for parts I would stay away from him even though his feedback is pretty good.
    2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
    2002 GSXF 600 Blue

A friend of mine ordered tires from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse and he had to wait about 3 or 4 weeks. He also tried e mailing them. They did show up though, just be patient. Keep trying with the e mails or is it possible to contact them by phone?
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

there was no number to contact him. It is strange when I bought the tire I emailed him a question and he replied in a few hours..no it has been since thursday and he has not replied. I am thinking of canceling my order and just buying one from town
      2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
      2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Comment

I have run into situations like this before. One thing to keep in mind is that some Ebayers make their living selling things online. Maybe the seller took a few days and went away...
        in the experience I had the person just went out of town for the weekend. Wait until atleast monday or Tuesday to anything rash. Maybe the seller is just enjoying their weekend and not bothering with work right now. Just a thought

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

I figure I will give him till wednesday to contact me...if nothing I will get my money back from paypal and then pay out my arse for a tire in town
          2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
          2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Comment

Yea, I've bought from maw before, they sell tons of moto stuff, be patient, it will show up...
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Just curious, is it a guy calling himself mawonline or is it the actual company http://www.mawonline.com/
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Some sellers just don't answer especially the big ones, then boom! It shows up one day.

If it makes you feel any better braunstein has had my 105 bucks for almost 2 months and still no sliders.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
                  Some sellers just don't answer especially the big ones, then boom! It shows up one day.
                  To make things worse? Online tracking is sometimes goofy.
                  I had stuff in hand while fedex tracking had it still in Texas.

Comment

Ah ,good ol MAW . I freakin HATE them beeches . I got screwed by them AND Bike Bandit . Boycott .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had ordered from them and did receive my tires. Sorry you had a problem with them but thanks for the heads up. I'll be more wary with them from now on.
                      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I've used MAW (MAWonline.com) in the distant past, because they do warehouse a lot of stuff that many places don't, and have cheap prices. But if you want customer service, you need to call during their open-hours, and even then all they'll tell you is what you could have found out through their webportal ( http://www.mawonline.com/stathtml.htm ) anyway. At least their return policy was good; after trying a set of very large all-weather soft-sided saddlebags from them for a week (and finding out the bottom of the right one was getting damaged from the stock Kat exhaust heat), they accepted the bags back and gave me a full credit.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Ythen57
                          I figure I will give him till wednesday to contact me...if nothing I will get my money back from paypal and then pay out my arse for a tire in town
                          Have you got a quote for "mounting and balancing"? I just did the tire replacement thing, and considered buying them for much cheaper through eBay or another dealer. But, when you get it to where ever you’re having it mounted, your looking at another $50-$65. I ended up just paying a little extra, and had them mounted for free.

I like that "free" stuff.
                          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
                            I ended up just paying a little extra, and had them mounted for free.

I like that "free" stuff.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
                              Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
                              I ended up just paying a little extra, and had them mounted for free. I like that "free" stuff.
                              Yup... "free" stuff that you pay extra for is the best.
                              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X