Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do you feel about sharing your ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about sharing your ride?

N4S750 created a thread about trying demo that made me think of this.
    I don't do the demo scene cuz I am not comfortable with any bike but my own...in the sense of worry too much about something stupid happening.

Anyway...what does your bike mean to you? How do you feel knowing someone else is riding it? Personally, I can't do it. I am a bundle of nerves. My kats are sentimental to me. If someone dropped my bike...well...I would freak. Don't get me wrong...I am not that possesive about everything. I will lend my car. I lend my boat to a couple of friends and my brother. No big deal. But not the bike. The bike is sacred. I would go into depression if my bike is unavailable when I want it. I just can't do it. So now you know not to ask me to try it. It won't happen. But at the same time I will not try yours even if you insist. I just feel it is too easy for something to go wrong with a bike and the whole awkward/bad scene if some does go wrong, is totally avoidable.
    I am sure some of you know what I mean.
    Others may not care. It is just a bike...no big deal. That is ok to.

I should add though that "IF" I make it to the Gap with it, Waltari will get the only opportunity to try it. 2 reasons...1st, I told him he could for doing the photoshop thing for me. 2nd...he will be my witness to my bragging about how my bike kicks ass....hehe
    No way! It is sacred to me.
    0%
    Sure, why not..it is only a bike.
    0%
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I don't have a problem with others riding my bike. as long as I can ride theirs along with them. I recently let a neighbor try and take a ride, that won't happen again. A person has to have a bike like mine or better, that has riden and I have seen ride. I had never seen this person ride but I took his word for it. 28' later the bike was on the ground and he was OK. He did buy new mirrors, windshield and headlight bulb for me.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I don't ask to ride other bikes nor do I let others ride mine.

I let one friend ride a bike I use to own, he laid it down & slid it in to a fence, never would give me any cash to fix it so I decided that nobody would be allowed to ride any bike I own.
      I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
        I don't ask to ride other bikes nor do I let others ride mine.

I let one friend ride a bike I use to own, he laid it down & slid it in to a fence, never would give me any cash to fix it so I decided that nobody would be allowed to ride any bike I own.
        I almost thought I would have to bounce some head then this guy said "dude get me prices and I will pay for what ever is needed" that is respect.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I voted no way, but certainly, I let my closest friends to ride it (because they know how to ride and all they have equals or better bikes, LOL).
          But it´s really difficult to let your bike.
          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I voted no.....but I woulda voted "sometimes".
            it really depends on the person. I don't just let anyone with a licence take it for a spin. only I think four ppl that weren't me have riden my bike (two of which were my parents, the third a friend of the family, and the fourth a friend who took it for a spin while I took his zx6 out).
            I have to really know the person and trust their skill - cuz my baby is my baby!! 8)
            - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

I am easy going with my bike....but it has to be a friend that I know and trust and actually RIDE with.

So far, the Ottawa crew has been very accomodating to each other, and even Jackal and Batgirl have givin up their ride to other friends on occasion. I am not going to let Junior or Owlman near my new bike....because it will be much faster then their slow coloured ones and they migh wreck it out of spite!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                I am not going to let Junior or Owlman near my new bike.
                Why would we wanna downgrade to red?

Comment

why would you downgrade to a triumph?
                  if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I have had many ask to ride my Kat, but these are mainly the neighbor boys who are in late teens and just finished watching DVD Torque, so I had to say no.

Comment

No. Make that "Hell No."
                      My other ride a, Honda spirit 750, I've let my wife ride sometimes. But only Because I know she's a good rider (she has a Vstar). The Kat? I offered to let her try it, but she's only 5 foot 2 inches and can barely lift it from the kickstand on tip toes so she's not interested.
                      A dude at work was pestering me to let him try my Spirit. He "used to ride". I told him no. I came outside one day and the dumbass was sitting on it!
                      I told him: "Look, we're friends and co-workers, but you ever touch one of my bikes again without my permission I'll whip your ass without hesitation". He laughed for a second and then relized I wasn't joking and nervously apologized. He hasn't asked since. He told evryone else about it and another guy at work who rides a Hardly Able-sen basically told him I was right and he'd do the same.
                      Yeah, I'd hate to lose my job over some dumbass who can't keep his paws off my bikes...but they're my Babies!

Comment

Friends that don't ride - NO

Friends that ride but not comfortable on a bike - NO

Friends that I ride with regularly and show control and common sense - YES

Friends that ride and trust me with their wives - YES

Comment

Only people I know really well and are safe riders. My brother, another friend. I'm much more concerned about someone injuring themselves on my bike than causing any damage to it.

Comment

The only person who has riden my bike is Nick, however, I would not have a problem with someone I know and trust their riding capabilities taking her for a spin.
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                              The only person who has riden my bike is Nick, however, I would not have a problem with someone I know and trust their riding capabilities taking her for a spin.
                              You know and trust me...let me take NICKS bike for a spin...you know and trust BadBillly...while I am out on his bike....umm...wait...let me rethink this!

Comment

Working...
                              X