Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do you feel about sharing your ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N4S750
    What is it about parents not controlling thier kids around bikes, and well cars for that matter. You're sitting there in a parking lot or a gas station, and kids see the bike, they come over start touching, yelling and screamin, wanting to climb on it..then when you tell them know, the parents give u dirty looks!
    I know exactly what you mean. I have no kids myself...and at my age, not much patience for them either. If a kids starts messing with any of my shit, with a good solid voice that commands their attention, I give them shit. If any parent has a prob with that, or gives me a dirty look, I am likely to look them right in the eyes and ask, "have a problem?". Screw them...if they can't control their kids, they shouldn't have any. I blame the parents....they lack teaching respect.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I don't have any kids of my own either & have been very fortunate not to of have any climb around or want to touch my bike, it always seems to be the older kids that do that.

Now if someone asks if they can sit on my bike & they don't act the fool then I will let them, it is cool to see the look on a young kid's face while him/her sits on a bike, the look of enjoyment comes across their face & the thought that maybe I just helped another person proceed on their path of becoming a motorcyclist(don't care which brand) makes me happy.

Those that sit on my bike without asking gets a few choice words from me & I ask them one question, "Enjoy your ride?"

One female(no, I won't refer to her as a lady, 'cause she ain't) at work doesn't understand why most of us(motorcyclists) are so protective of our bikes, I have tried & tried to explain to her why but she just can't comprehend our devotion, I have tried explaining it everyway possible until I remembered something I heard while watching a documentry on Harley Davidson motorcycles, "If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand."
      She has since stopped asking.
      I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
        Friends that don't ride - NO

Friends that ride but not comfortable on a bike - NO

Friends that I ride with regularly and show control and common sense - YES

Friends that ride and trust me with their wives - YES

Same here. Only a few people would quailfy to ride my bike. Espcially with all the custom work that is being done to her. Corey will of course be able to take it for a spin, after all he is helping and supplying booze for the project. My buddy Aaron, both of us ride together quite a bit, and he would be one of the few that I feel could handle it, and my other buddy Mike, because if he droped it, I would get his CBR until it got fixed
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

People that I feel are comfortable on a bike and I trust I have no problem letting them take it out.
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Actually, MY BIKE is off limits to anyone...the one I rebuilt. But I might consider lending my 93. I do have a complete set of plastics as a spare, as well as a bunch of other parts. So if I am stuck with no one to ride with, I might consider lending it to someone in order to accompany me...but I have to trust them 100%. However, all the plastics are not the same color. Black tank, purple side covers, green tail, blue uppers, red lowers. It will look ugly to say the least. I guess I could just throw a coat of primer over it all....lol.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I only let ppl has experience/license and bikes (larger than 600) to try my kat......

others......I tell them to get a M1 then come back
              A Kat is gone and a Strom is coming!

Comment

I would never let someone I don't know ride, but if I know them, trust them, and have riden with them, I don't care. I swap bikes a lot when I am out riding with friends.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I have let 2 people ride the hawk. Both are better riders than myself and I rode their bike. It was a nice change of pace going from a vtwin to a 1200 I4.

So, as a swap yes. But just letting them ride, nope. Also has to be soemone I consider a better rider than me.

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Comment

nobody rides me bike under any circumstances. A AMA Superbike rider wouldnt get to ride if he asked. If anyone does any damage to my bike its going to be me.

I wont even let my father, or by best friend ride it
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

No one rides my bike except me for the most part. My father, brother, and wife are the only exceptions. If you're not one of those 3, you're probably not gonna ride it w/o me in the drivers seat. I don't like others sitting on it either. I watched my friend learn the hard way when he let a co-worker sit on his bike, who started screwing around by trying to kick-start it via the gear shifter (he thought the gear shifter was a kick-start)... bent the thing in half. Nope, no one but me, just don't trust people.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                        nobody rides me bike under any circumstances. A AMA Superbike rider wouldnt get to ride if he asked. If anyone does any damage to my bike its going to be me.

I wont even let my father, or by best friend ride it
                        x2... heck, even crunchie is half scared to sit on my bike for fear something will happen. Even though it wont..fear keeps her in line

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
                          I voted no.....but I woulda voted "sometimes".
                          it really depends on the person. I don't just let anyone with a licence take it for a spin.
                          . I've let 2 people (I think only two ) ride my bike , and it is shall we say , less than pretty to begin with . But I trusted these people not to do anything too stupid on it . Then Special K decides to do some burnouts to get some oil off of my tire . Frikkin squid .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've let a few friends take it out that I trust. Life would be miserable around the station if they did anything to the bike.
                            Keith Paton
                            Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                            13 GSXR750

Comment

With both of my Kats, there are only three people that have ridden them. My dad, my brother, and Special K. I bought my second one from Special K and he wouldn't let me leave his house with it until he rode it.

Hey Md86... he did a burnout with mine too. Claimed it was a brand new tire, and NEEDED to be done.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I'll let others ride it as long as they let me ride theirs. But the rule is if you break you fix it.

It all really depends on the person and what they plan on doing with it. If say my brother who riders a gsxr600 wants to rip on mine while he's is in the shop I dont have a problem with that. But if a friend that rides very little or is a super newb, wants to go father then then the end of hte block I'm going to say no.

Comment

Working...
                                X