X

Handle bar ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle bar ends

I bought my 98 Kat a few weeks ago. I noticed that when I take my hands off the bars (to fix my helmet or jacket) the handle bars start shaking like its gonna throw me into a slapper. My other bike never did this.
    After close inspection of the handle bars I realized one is infact a handle bar with the end cap and the other is a pipe. Some one must have ate $hit and replaced the busted handle bar with a gas pipe. The pipe has no end cap on it. Could this be the reason I get the shaking when I let go?

P.S. I already ordered and installed a real handlebar, now I'm just waiting for my endcap to come in.
    and I'm now a chicken strip YES!
    Thanks for your help guys
    Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Sounds like it might to me but if this doesn't fix it you might want to check wheel bearings, neck bearings & wheel balance.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
      Sounds like it might to me but if this doesn't fix it you might want to check wheel bearings, neck bearings & wheel balance.
      +2 on the bearings but on the triple trees and also check the others, they usually fall together.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

If you have a weight on one end and not the other, it may well do this. Try taking off the matching bar-end weight and see if it still does it; if so, I'd check the tire balance before going any further.

Other possible reasons:
        bent/warped rim
        warped rotors
        uneven fork oil
        uneven fork damper settings
        misaligned rear wheel (depends on how fast it oscillates -- slow is in the rear, fast is in the front)
        frame damages
        bad steering stem bearings

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X