X

will a copied DL work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a copied DL work?

I remembered there was a post about putting important papers into a zip bag under the seat and have a copied DL in there just in case......

I'm wondering will the copied DL work for office if forget to bring the original one?
    A Kat is gone and a Strom is coming!

I'm gonna say no....

Comment

Do you mean for an officer? If that be the case, then probably not. I've been pulled over (and I do keep a copy of my license in my cage) and though the officer can look up your record with your license #, it's not valid ID because the picture could EASILY be faked. Nevertheless....better a copy than nothing.

Comment

you might be able to pass it off to a convenience store, gas station or restaurant if they wanna see ID for something..but to a cop, nah, they'll almost certainly make you produce ur real license w/ in 24 - 48 hours.

Comment

I mean if you got pulled over......and you don't have wallet with you...........will an officer take the copied ID in stead of (what will an officer do if you don't have any ID with you?)

Comment

Memorize your number....they can run it, and see what you've got. Doesn't mean you won't get popped for driving without your licence. But most likely nothing will happen, they can always run your number. But sorry, I'd think your asking for trouble if you carry that copy around....

Comment

Wanna neat trick? Just go to the dmv and tell them you lost your licence. get a new one. I did that. It was so easy that I went back a second time about a month later and did the same thing. One stays in my tankbag for biking...on in glovebox in my cage...and 3rd stays in my filing cabinet at home.
              My dmv (it's a mini dmv...3 windows and always one closed) is 5 minutes from me in the mall..and I have never waited more that 10 minutes to get to the counter. It was free. I have been stopped twice with the licenses that were reported lost. I had no problem. The newest one stays at home.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

+1 Did the same

(and of course I didn't do it for my little brother )

Comment

not a proof, but at least a reference to your identity

better than nothing

but, memorize your id# is a much better idea

Comment

My brother was pulled over and didn't have his license. Got a ticket for driving w/o a license, but all he had to do was show up at court and show his license. They waived the ticket.

Comment

thanks for all reply.........

Comment

I keep a blown-up version under the seat in case I forget the real one. Having it notarized helps.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
                          I keep a blown-up version under the seat in case I forget the real one. Having it notarized helps.
                          aren't notaries expensive? isn't it cheaper to just get another one from the dmv?
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Most banks here will do it for free if you have an account with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              aren't notaries expensive? isn't it cheaper to just get another one from the dmv?
                              Not if you're dating one

Actually, most places only charge a buck or two to notarize, and most banks have them for free if you're a client.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X